Text with automated line-breaks for a picture

Greg N.

Herbert said:
This works, but only when you know the width in advance :-(

I'm not sure what you're saying. Either the page is static, then you
know the width in advance. Or it is dynamic, in which case this
construct needs to be dynamically created through PHP or JS or some
such. What exactly is the problem?

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Toby Inkster quothed:
Should work, but quirks mode may break things in IE. What DOCTYPE are you
using?

Nope. width:0px; is like no width.

Jedi Fans

Barbara said:
That has to do with the browser. Not with the html code.
i meant code in the interests of any browser... why not just put quotes
around stuff like that anyway just to be sure? its not like it increases
the size of the doc

Jedi Fans

Jedi said:
i meant code in the interests of any browser... why not just put quotes
around stuff like that anyway just to be sure? its not like it increases
the size of the doc

/that/ much

Barbara de Zoete

i meant code in the interests of any browser... why not just put quotes around
stuff like that anyway just to be sure? its not like it increases the size of
the doc

[... a lot; I suppose?]

I agree with this. But it's an intirely different subject. But I too think that
using quotes around attribute values with html elements is a good habit.