    Right?

    Thanks,

    Todd
    Todd Cary, May 28, 2007

  2. Todd Cary

    Ben C Guest

    On 2007-05-28, Todd Cary <> wrote:
    > Is it possible to have an image near the middle of the page and
    > have the text do a full wrap around vs the Float Left and Float
    > Right?

    No. Or at least not easily using CSS. There's no "float: middle".
    Ben C, May 28, 2007

  3. Todd Cary

    Todd Cary Guest

    Ben C wrote:
    > On 2007-05-28, Todd Cary <> wrote:
    >> Is it possible to have an image near the middle of the page and
    >> have the text do a full wrap around vs the Float Left and Float
    >> Right?

    > No. Or at least not easily using CSS. There's no "float: middle".

    Though I do not have an example in front of me, but does MS take
    a Word document and convert it to HTML and in the process, wrap
    text around an image if it started that way? As I recall, the
    HTML is nearly unreadable.

    Todd
    Todd Cary, May 28, 2007
  4. Todd Cary

    Todd Cary Guest

    Ben C wrote:
    > On 2007-05-28, Todd Cary <> wrote:
    >> Is it possible to have an image near the middle of the page and
    >> have the text do a full wrap around vs the Float Left and Float
    >> Right?

    > No. Or at least not easily using CSS. There's no "float: middle".

    Just answered my own question: Word converts to either Right or
    Left float...

    Todd
    Todd Cary, May 28, 2007
  5. Todd Cary

    Ben C Guest

    On 2007-05-28, Todd Cary <> wrote:
    > Ben C wrote:
    >> On 2007-05-28, Todd Cary <> wrote:
    >>> Is it possible to have an image near the middle of the page and
    >>> have the text do a full wrap around vs the Float Left and Float
    >>> Right?

    >> No. Or at least not easily using CSS. There's no "float: middle".

    > Just answered my own question: Word converts to either Right or
    > Left float...

    So how does it squeeze the text in on the other side of the float,
    without requiring exact knowledge of the container width and the font
    metrics?
    Ben C, May 29, 2007