Text wrap around an image

Todd Cary

Is it possible to have an image near the middle of the page and
have the text do a full wrap around vs the Float Left and Float
Right?

Thanks,

Todd

Ben C

Is it possible to have an image near the middle of the page and
have the text do a full wrap around vs the Float Left and Float
Right?

No. Or at least not easily using CSS. There's no "float: middle".

Todd Cary

Ben said:
No. Or at least not easily using CSS. There's no "float: middle".

Though I do not have an example in front of me, but does MS take
a Word document and convert it to HTML and in the process, wrap
text around an image if it started that way? As I recall, the
HTML is nearly unreadable.

Todd

Todd Cary

Ben said:
No. Or at least not easily using CSS. There's no "float: middle".

Just answered my own question: Word converts to either Right or
Left float...

Todd

Ben C

Just answered my own question: Word converts to either Right or
Left float...

So how does it squeeze the text in on the other side of the float,
without requiring exact knowledge of the container width and the font
metrics?