Text_Changed ?

Alex Nitulescu

Hi. I have kind of a 'file manager' on my website. It also allows for
changing some text files (for administrative purposes). My question is
this - is it possible to detect the changes in a text box and react
accordingly ? Text_changed works only on posting back to the server. I would
like to a) enable the Save button only if a change has been made and b) on
change, if the user tries to navigate away from that page, to ask "You have
made changes to file.... Would you like to save them ? (Y/N)". In windows
forms it's trivial, but in ASP how could one do this ?

Thank you.
Alex

Brock Allen

You can set the AutoPostBack property to true and this will cause a postback
when the text has changed without the user being required to submit the form
(manually).