TextArea insert text in specific column

Lloyd

I am trying to insert text in a text area. I need to insert one set of
values on the left side of the text area and have corresponding values
on the left side of the text area in an even column.
How do I specify which column in a text area to insert text?
document.textform.textarea.col[10].value == "put it here"
If not possible, then can I insert text left aligned then insert text
right aligned on the same row?
Lloyd

Vladdy

Lloyd said:
I am trying to insert text in a text area. I need to insert one set of
values on the left side of the text area and have corresponding values
on the left side of the text area in an even column.
How do I specify which column in a text area to insert text?
document.textform.textarea.col[10].value == "put it here"
If not possible, then can I insert text left aligned then insert text
right aligned on the same row?
Lloyd

Textarea does not have rows and colums. It is continious text with line
breaks that depend on the width of textarea element.
See how close this comes to whatever you are trying to do:
www.vladdy.net/demos/textareainsertion.html

Lloyd

Thanks for the information, I hadnt considered that.
There is a way to set bookmarks using the createTextRange method, which
I would imagine is what you did in your example. However I solved the
problem by counting the number of characters in the first insertion and
then adding the appropriate spaces with respect to the total number of
cols in the textarea.
Thanks
Lloyd