<textarea> question

Mel Smith

Hi:

I'd like to 'pimp up' my <textarea> input so that a user can use at
least 'bold' and 'underline' codes and see the result as they are entering
text.

If this is (reasonable) possible, I'd welcome any guidance, or links

Thank you.

-Mel Smith

rf

Mel Smith said:
Hi:

I'd like to 'pimp up' my <textarea> input so that a user can use at
least 'bold' and 'underline' codes and see the result as they are entering
text.

Not possible.

rf

Mel Smith said:
rf said

Thanks for letting me know :(

There is of course the option of using (or writing) a rich text editor.

Tinymce is one example but there are quite a few out there.

Quite complicated though if you decide to write one yourself. Getting the
cross-browser stuff (well, real browsers verses IE) is tedious and
copy/paste, expecially from Word, is a PITA.