    -Mel Smith

    --
    Mel Smith
    Mel Smith, Jul 20, 2010

  2. Mel Smith

    rf Guest

    "Mel Smith" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi:
    >
    > I'd like to 'pimp up' my <textarea> input so that a user can use at
    > least 'bold' and 'underline' codes and see the result as they are entering
    > text.

    Not possible.
    rf, Jul 21, 2010

  3. Mel Smith

    Mel Smith Guest

    rf said
    >> I'd like to 'pimp up' my <textarea> input so that a user can use at
    >> least 'bold' and 'underline' codes and see the result as they are
    >> entering text.

    > Not possible.

    Thanks for letting me know :(

    -Mel
    Mel Smith, Jul 21, 2010
  4. Mel Smith

    rf Guest

    "Mel Smith" <> wrote in message
    > rf said
    >>> I'd like to 'pimp up' my <textarea> input so that a user can use at
    >>> least 'bold' and 'underline' codes and see the result as they are
    >>> entering text.

    >> Not possible.
    >>

    > Thanks for letting me know :(

    There is of course the option of using (or writing) a rich text editor.

    Tinymce is one example but there are quite a few out there.

    Quite complicated though if you decide to write one yourself. Getting the
    cross-browser stuff (well, real browsers verses IE) is tedious and
    copy/paste, expecially from Word, is a PITA.
    rf, Jul 21, 2010