    Any help with this would be wonderful!

    Thanks,
    Jeremy Ross

    Jeremy Ross, Sep 24, 2004

  2. Jeremy Ross

    AJ Guest

    "Jeremy Ross" <> wrote in message
    news:foV4d.71891$...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am looking for a scrip that will replace my textarea boxes with a
    > javascript wysiwyg editor. I have found a few of these, but I am
    > looking for one that will upload the images to the server.

    If you go to www.interactivetools.com there is one there that is brilliant.
    The basic one won't do what you want but their's a version that someone else
    has done that supports image uploads. If you don't find it then e-mail me
    and I'll zip up my version and send it to you.

    Andy

    AJ, Sep 24, 2004

  3. On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 10:36:01 -0300, Jeremy Ross wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I am looking for a scrip that will replace my textarea boxes with a
    > javascript wysiwyg editor. I have found a few of these, but I am
    > looking for one that will upload the images to the server.
    >
    > Any help with this would be wonderful!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jeremy Ross

    There is an English Web development company, Hardcore Internet, that makes
    a fantastic WYSIWYG editor.
    http://editor.hardcoreinternet.co.uk/

    It is not free. In fact, it's not really even cheap [1]. But it kicks
    ass. It does a lot of little things that various Java-based edtitors that
    I've found did not, plus it is easy to install, plus you get access to
    their source code and you can thus extend it as you need to. (It is not
    "open source" -- you cannot extend it and then give away the extended
    version).

    It is also very cross-platform, working within Mozilla/NS (Gecko-based
    browsers), Opera, and MSIE. *And* the support guys were very helpful. They
    fixed their *demo* version of the product in response to my input berfore
    I had even bought anything.

    [1] "Cheap" is all relative, though.

    --
    Jeffrey Silverman

    ** Drop "PANTS" to reply by email

    Jeffrey Silverman, Sep 24, 2004
  4. Jeremy Ross

    Craig Storey Guest

    AJ wrote:
    > "Jeremy Ross" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I am looking for a scrip that will replace my textarea boxes with a
    >>javascript wysiwyg editor. I have found a few of these, but I am
    >>looking for one that will upload the images to the server.

    > If you go to www.interactivetools.com there is one there that is brilliant.
    > The basic one won't do what you want but their's a version that someone else
    > has done that supports image uploads. If you don't find it then e-mail me
    > and I'll zip up my version and send it to you.
    >
    > Andy

    The newer version is HTMLarea.. http://www.dynarch.com/htmlarea/.

    Craig

    Craig Storey, Sep 26, 2004
  5. Jeremy Ross

    AJ Guest

    "Craig Storey" <> wrote in message
    > AJ wrote:
    > > "Jeremy Ross" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Hello,
    > >>
    > >>I am looking for a scrip that will replace my textarea boxes with a
    > >>javascript wysiwyg editor. I have found a few of these, but I am
    > >>looking for one that will upload the images to the server.

    > > If you go to www.interactivetools.com there is one there that is

    brilliant.
    > > The basic one won't do what you want but their's a version that someone

    else
    > > has done that supports image uploads. If you don't find it then e-mail

    me
    > > and I'll zip up my version and send it to you.
    > >
    > > Andy
    > >

    > The newer version is HTMLarea.. http://www.dynarch.com/htmlarea/.

    It's also worth looking at the forums on the interactivetools web site as
    there are loads of plugins that will take it from 'If only...' to near
    perfect. Things like toggle table border and the table operations are
    REALLY useful.

    AJ, Sep 27, 2004
  6. Jeremy Ross

    Jeremy Ross Guest

    Thanks for all your help, I was looking at that one program, but didn't
    realize that there where so many plug ins listed, it was just what I am
    looking for.

    Thanks again,
    Jeremy

    Jeremy Ross, Sep 27, 2004