    i would like to create my textarea box with a size in percent too.

    is there any solution ?

    thx in advance for your help.
    AURANEXT R&D, Apr 20, 2004

  2. AURANEXT R&D

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "AURANEXT R&D" <> wrote:

    >I insert textarea box in a table <td> element with a size define in percent,
    >i would like to create my textarea box with a size in percent too.

    textarea {width: 60%; height: 70%;}

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
    Steve Pugh, Apr 20, 2004

  3. AURANEXT R&D

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:4084f0b5$0$26437$>
    "AURANEXT R&D" <> said:

    > I insert textarea box in a table <td> element with a size define in percent,
    > i would like to create my textarea box with a size in percent too.

    IE doesn't support % on height so you need to use a different unit
    (em,px,ex) for it and percentages for other browsers (if you want to).

    /* css for IE */
    textarea{height:200px;width:100%;}
    /* css for other browsers which overrides the height property above but
    IE ignores it*/
    textarea,[nul]{height:100%;}

    --
    b r u c i e