    under some circumstances I want the user to be permitted to edit, but not
    others.

    How do you guys typically handle that? Thanks, Ike

    Ike, Dec 17, 2003

  2. > Is it possible to disable editing of a text area? I have a text area
    > which, under some circumstances I want the user to be permitted to
    > edit, but not others.

    <textarea readonly> readonly textarea </textarea>

    <textarea> editable textarea </textarea>

    --
    Edward Alfert - http://www.rootmode.com/
    Discount Code (Recurring 25% Off): newsgroup

    Edward Alfert, Dec 17, 2003

  3. Ike

    Otuatail Guest

    Add the word Readonly to your textarea

    Desmond.

    Otuatail, Dec 17, 2003
  4. Ike wrote:
    > Is it possible to disable editing of a text area? I have a text area which,
    > under some circumstances I want the user to be permitted to edit, but not
    > others.
    >
    > How do you guys typically handle that?

    If I don't want it to be editable, I don't put it in a text area. Why
    does is have to be one?

    Leif K-Brooks, Dec 17, 2003
  5. Ike

    sinrize

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Readonly

    readonly has to be give a true/false parameter ie.
    <textarea readonly="true"></textarea>
    or it won't validate

    ps.
    using text areas allows scrollable text within the confines of the text box

    sinrize, Jul 23, 2007