textbox and array

loc2006

I have a multi-line textbox in a classic ASP web page.

Each line looks something like this
1,Joe
2,Jane
3,Bob

Is it possible to use classic ASP to extract each line and store it in
an array? I want to perform an INSERT into an Access table for each
line. I see solutions for ASP.NET but not for classic asp.

thanks!

loc2006

I apologize for that. Yes, it's a textarea.

Got if figured out. Here is the gist of the code I was looking for

<%
if request.form("students") <> "" then
strStu = Request.Form("students")
arrStu = Split(strstu,vbCrLf)
For intstu = 0 To UBound(arrstu)
arrstu2 = Split(arrstu(intstu),",")
'Response.Write arrstu2(0) & "|" & arrstu2(1)
'construct INSERT SQL
'response.write "<br />"
Next
end if