Textbox and onTextChanged Event

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Paul, Jun 14, 2006.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Hello:

    I create a textbox control programatically something like this:

    Dim td As New TableCell()
    Dim txtbox As New TextBox()
    txtbox.ID = "my_textbox"
    td.Controls.Add(txtbox)

    Now I want to programatically associate a "OnTextChanged" event to this
    textbox.

    How can I do this?

    When I view the page source, the ID of the textbox control is something like
    "ctl00$my_textbox". So the textbox ID actually gets changed.

    Can anyone point me to an example or a link that explains how to do this?

    TIA.

    - Paul

    Paul, Jun 14, 2006

  2. for serverside event associate the TextChanged event

    If you want to refer this textbox in the client side use the ClientId
    property of the control.

    Balasubramanian Ramanathan, Jun 14, 2006