    Is there a simple way to display an .rtf file in a textbox using asp.net?

    Thanks,
    Zach.

    Zach, May 9, 2012

  2. Zach

    Zach Guest

    "Zach" <> wrote in message
    news:4faa12a4$0$14708$...
    > Is there a simple way to display an .rtf file in a textbox using asp.net?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Zach.

    PS I code in C#.
    Zach.

    Zach, May 9, 2012

  3. Zach

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Arne Vajhøj, May 10, 2012
  4. Zach

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 5/12/2012 2:04 AM, Zach wrote:
    > "Arne Vajhøj" <> wrote in message
    >> On 5/9/2012 11:45 AM, Zach wrote:
    >>> Is there a simple way to display an .rtf file in a textbox using
    >>> asp.net?

    >> Google seems to indicate that you need some third party component for it.
    >>
    >> Like:
    >>
    >> http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/102004-1.aspx
    >>
    >> http://rte.codeplex.com/
    >>
    >> You could try look at those (they seem to be for editing, but
    >> maybe they have a readonly property).

    > So ASP.NET does not facillitate formated text to be displayed.

    Apparently not RTF.

    But it does support formatted text (hint: what is HTML).

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, May 12, 2012
  5. Zach

    Zach Guest

    > On 5/9/2012 11:45 AM, Zach wrote:
    >> Is there a simple way to display an .rtf file in a textbox using asp.net?

    > Google seems to indicate that you need some third party component for it.
    >
    > Like:
    >
    > http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/102004-1.aspx
    >
    > http://rte.codeplex.com/
    >
    > You could try look at those (they seem to be for editing, but
    > maybe they have a readonly property).
    >
    > Arne

    Arne,
    So ASP.NET does not facillitate formated text to be displayed.
    Thank you for the references.
    Zach.

    Zach, May 12, 2012
  6. Zach

    Zach Guest

    > On 5/12/2012 2:04 AM, Zach wrote:
    >> "Arne Vajhøj" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Google seems to indicate that you need some third party component for
    >>> it.
    >>>
    >>> Like:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/102004-1.aspx
    >>>
    >>> http://rte.codeplex.com/
    >>>
    >>> You could try look at those (they seem to be for editing, but
    >>> maybe they have a readonly property).

    >> So ASP.NET does not facillitate formated text to be displayed.

    > Apparently not RTF.
    >
    > But it does support formatted text (hint: what is HTML).
    >
    > Arne

    True, I am aware of that, I was kooking for a different route.

    Zach.

    Zach, May 13, 2012