Textbox control not posting value ?

Da Rabit

I have a text box control in an ASP.NET user control and it does not post
its value when the base form posts.
The value comes through as a null lenght string.
Any ideas ?

Da Rabit

Tried that and it doesnt work !! The page / control combination used to work
but for the last week, the controls value is not posting ( to the control
code behind class!!)

recoil

There really is not alot of information to go on here. There are a wide
variety of things that could be happening.

What follows is a checklist:
1) Make sure that you are setting ID's on your CustomUser Control and
the Textbox.
2) Make sure you are adding the controls to their appropriate
parents/containers within a nominal time. I recommend doing so in
OnInit
3) Make sure that your WebUserControl is implementing INamingContainer
4) Make sure you are not clearing the value in some event that gets
triggered every time, like Page_Load etc.