textbox inside datagrid control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Calvin, Oct 23, 2003.

  1. Calvin

    Calvin Guest

    I am writing a datagrid and group by the first column, just like the example
    showing at
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...=&rnum=5

    My code is very similar to the example above. Moreover, I have textboxes on
    columns 3, 4 and 5 in the datagrid. I attached an onTextchanged event to the
    textbox so that everything changed in the textbox will be triggered and keep
    the datatable up to dated.
    This method works fine if I don't do any grouping on itemdatabound. However,
    if I do grouping just like in the example, remove the cell and add rowspan
    on the first column, there is incorrect fired textchanged event on the
    textbox. For example, I changed value in 1 textbox only and so I expect the
    ontextchanged event fired once only. Actually, it doesn't and it fired many
    times which is expected.
    Anyone can tell me why?

    Even though I tried to write a derived textbox control and bubble up the
    textchanged event to the datagrid, the result is the same.
    Thanks.

    Calvin, Oct 23, 2003