    Has anyone else run into this problem...or have any idea as to what could
    cause this.

    Thanks

    SQL, Jan 26, 2004

  2. Are you not checking for postback in the page load event, and consequently
    using the origonal values?

    --
    Regards

    John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)
    <shameless_author_plug>
    ISBN:1-861007-91-4
    Professional Windows Forms
    ISBN: 1861005547
    Professional JSP 2nd Edition
    ISBN: 1861004958
    Professional JSP
    ISBN: 1861003625
    Beginning JSP Web Development
    ISBN: 1861002092
    </shameless_author_plug>

    "SQL" <> wrote in message
    > I have four text boxes on one aspx page. Three of them are populated

    during
    > page load with values from a database. The other is left blank.
    >
    > When updating I've noticed that although the three text boxes have been
    > changed by the user, the original values are still being used when trying

    > update the dataset. While the text box that was blank behaves as

    expected.

    John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\), Jan 26, 2004