    the .text property so that next time the page is viewed the new value will be
    displayed.

    Thanks for any help
    DCSTech, Mar 30, 2006

  2. DCSTech

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?RENTVGVjaA==?= wrote on 30 mrt 2006 in

    > On my webpage I have a textbox. I would like to be able to change the
    > text in the textbox and via a pushbutton have the value in the textbox
    > written to the .text property so that next time the page is viewed the
    > new value will be displayed.

    What is a .text property in ASP?
    Or are you talking about the DOM?

    DOM and textboxes are clientside, and ASP is serverside.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Mar 30, 2006

  3. DCSTech

    DCSTech Guest

    I am new to this and maybe I did not put the question in the right group.
    When I am building my Webpage in VS2003 I drag a textbox from the webform
    toolbox. One of the properties for that textbox is text. I want to be able
    to change the text property with what is entered into the textbox.

    DCSTech, Mar 30, 2006
  4. DCSTech

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?RENTVGVjaA==?= wrote on 30 mrt 2006 in

    > "Evertjan." wrote:
    >
    >> =?Utf-8?B?RENTVGVjaA==?= wrote on 30 mrt 2006 in
    >>
    >> > On my webpage I have a textbox. I would like to be able to change
    >> > the text in the textbox and via a pushbutton have the value in the
    >> > textbox written to the .text property so that next time the page is
    >> > viewed the new value will be displayed.
    >> >

    >> What is a .text property in ASP?
    >> Or are you talking about the DOM?
    >>
    >> DOM and textboxes are clientside, and ASP is serverside.

    [please do not toppost on usenet]

    > I am new to this and maybe I did not put the question in the right
    > group. When I am building my Webpage in VS2003 I drag a textbox from
    > the webform toolbox. One of the properties for that textbox is text.
    > I want to be able to change the text property with what is entered
    > into the textbox.

    That's why I asked. What do you expect of clasic ASP?

    This NG is classic ASP only.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Mar 30, 2006
  5. DCSTech

    Slim Guest

    here is a simple example of persistence in asp
    this form is posting back to the same page

    <FORM action="persistenceInForm.asp" method=POST id=form1 name=form1>
    <INPUT type="text" id=text1 name=text1 value="<%=Request.Form("text1")%>">
    <INPUT type="submit" value="Submit" id=submit1 name=submit1>
    </FORM>

    But if you plan to leave the page and return, you an use a session variable

    you would need to first put a like of code something like this in the page
    your are posting the form to

    Session("text1") = Request.Form("text1")

    then when hey return to the form you use the session variable set the value
    of the textbox

    <FORM action="persistenceInForm.asp" method=POST id=form1 name=form1>
    <INPUT type="text" id=text1 name=text1 value="<%=Session("text1")%>">

    Slim, Mar 30, 2006
  6. DCSTech

    Mike Brind Guest

    DCSTech wrote:
    > I am new to this and maybe I did not put the question in the right group.
    > When I am building my Webpage in VS2003 I drag a textbox from the webform
    > toolbox.

    You need to ask this in a Dotnet newsgroup.
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet is your best bet.

    Dotnet and classic asp (what this group deals with) are two entirely
    different technologies.

    --
    Mike Brind
    Mike Brind, Mar 30, 2006