textbox.text Property

DCSTech

On my webpage I have a textbox. I would like to be able to change the text
in the textbox and via a pushbutton have the value in the textbox written to
the .text property so that next time the page is viewed the new value will be
displayed.

Thanks for any help

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?RENTVGVjaA==?= wrote on 30 mrt 2006 in
On my webpage I have a textbox. I would like to be able to change the
text in the textbox and via a pushbutton have the value in the textbox
written to the .text property so that next time the page is viewed the
new value will be displayed.

What is a .text property in ASP?
Or are you talking about the DOM?

DOM and textboxes are clientside, and ASP is serverside.

DCSTech

I am new to this and maybe I did not put the question in the right group.
When I am building my Webpage in VS2003 I drag a textbox from the webform
toolbox. One of the properties for that textbox is text. I want to be able
to change the text property with what is entered into the textbox.

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?RENTVGVjaA==?= wrote on 30 mrt 2006 in
[please do not toppost on usenet]
I am new to this and maybe I did not put the question in the right
group. When I am building my Webpage in VS2003 I drag a textbox from
the webform toolbox. One of the properties for that textbox is text.
I want to be able to change the text property with what is entered
into the textbox.

That's why I asked. What do you expect of clasic ASP?

This NG is classic ASP only.

Slim

here is a simple example of persistence in asp
this form is posting back to the same page

<FORM action="persistenceInForm.asp" method=POST id=form1 name=form1>
<INPUT type="text" id=text1 name=text1 value="<%=Request.Form("text1")%>">
<INPUT type="submit" value="Submit" id=submit1 name=submit1>
</FORM>

But if you plan to leave the page and return, you an use a session variable

you would need to first put a like of code something like this in the page
your are posting the form to

Session("text1") = Request.Form("text1")

then when hey return to the form you use the session variable set the value
of the textbox

<FORM action="persistenceInForm.asp" method=POST id=form1 name=form1>
<INPUT type="text" id=text1 name=text1 value="<%=Session("text1")%>">
<INPUT type="submit" value="Submit" id=submit1 name=submit1>
</FORM>

Mike Brind

DCSTech said:
I am new to this and maybe I did not put the question in the right group.
When I am building my Webpage in VS2003 I drag a textbox from the webform
toolbox.

You need to ask this in a Dotnet newsgroup.
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet is your best bet.

Dotnet and classic asp (what this group deals with) are two entirely
different technologies.