Textbox to have a minimun height but be able to fill the cell if there is additional room

AAaron123

I have a asp.table.
The table is in a master
One of the cells contains a text box.
I fix the box's height.
When the page opens depending on what is in the other cells the box may
determine the row height because it is the tallest in the row.
That works great.

However if other cells in the row are taller than the box there is wasted
space under the box. That is, the box would still fit if it were taller.

What I'd like is for the box to have a minimum height but be able to fill
the cell if there is additional room.

Is that possible?

Gaurav Vaish \(a.k.a. MasterGaurav\)

What I'd like is for the box to have a minimum height but be able to fill
the cell if there is additional room.

No. The CSS attributes cannot be conditional.

You may, however, wish to specify the box's height as 100% and the font-size
as something like 14px or the like.