Textbox1.Text wont display Value

dbfrey

This is the oddest thing I've ever seen.

We have an aspx page with some user controls, one is a main, another is
a status, which has an edit button.

on the main control, we have some dropdowns and textboxes. When the
edit button is clicked, it will reload the page and the event is picked
up by the main control.

On the page load, when I set a breakpoint on Textbox1.Text = "12345",
it is set, confirmed by the command window, but wont display on the
page? I've traced it through and nothing. There isn't any javascript
that would change this.

Any ideas?

If (Request.Params.Get("__EVENTTARGET") = "edit") Then
Textbox1.Text = "Test"
End if

Marina Levit [MVP]

If you are trying to trap when the edit button is clicked, you should be
attaching a handler to its Click event. That would make this a lot more
readable, and a lot easier to debug.

The breakpoint is set - but does it actually stop there?

Also, is there code that runs afterwards, that changes the value of the
textbox? what about client side code?

dbfrey

Yes, the breakpoint stops there. It shows that it's setting the value.
I checked the code and couldn't find where it would set the value,
even on the client side.