Textboxes clear on postback

Guest

I have an asp.net 2.0 page with a couple of textboxes and a gridview. On
postback from a rowcommand from the gridview, the textboxes are clearing out.
No other postbacks from the page are causing this. There is NO code
whatsoever that deals with these boxes. One of them is just a dummy I set up
for troubleshooting. I type something in it and cause a postback from
another control and the value is still there as it should be. Then, when a
rowcommand from the gridview causes a postback the textbox clears. Please
help. Thanks.

Ray Booysen

lanem said:
I have an asp.net 2.0 page with a couple of textboxes and a gridview. On
postback from a rowcommand from the gridview, the textboxes are clearing out.
No other postbacks from the page are causing this. There is NO code
whatsoever that deals with these boxes. One of them is just a dummy I set up
for troubleshooting. I type something in it and cause a postback from
another control and the value is still there as it should be. Then, when a
rowcommand from the gridview causes a postback the textbox clears. Please
help. Thanks.
Is EnableViewState = true?

Guest

Yes, it is set to true. Remember, other postbacks do not cause the textboxes
to lose their values, only the gridview rowcommand.