    PLEASE help me, this is killing my brain.

    Thank you!

    Kathy

    KathyB, Jul 23, 2003

  2. The autopostback will fire when the focus of the control is lost (ie.
    onBlur).
    The enter key will submit the page, but is different of browsers (which is
    why it doesn't really work with the onClick of buttons).

    --
    Philip Q
    Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

    Philip Q [MVP], Jul 23, 2003

  3. KathyB

    Kathy Burke Guest

    Philip.

    I'm using ie 6 in an intranet exclusively...it should NOT be a browser
    issue.

    PLEASE help me...this will kill our use of asp.net for this project. Is
    not the ENTER key supposed to cause autopostback if autopostback is set
    to TRUE for that box???

    thanks. DESPERATE FOR ANSWER!

    Kathy

    Kathy Burke, Jul 23, 2003
  4. KathyB

    Kathy Burke Guest

    Further to this post, here is the html from the source when I run this
    aspx page in vs.net debug:

    <input name="txtScan" type="text" onchange="__doPostBack('txtScan','')"
    language="javascript" id="txtScan" style="width:144px;Z-INDEX: 107;
    LEFT: 63px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 221px" />

    It certainly looks (to a novice...me) that it should be doing what it
    should...HOW to resolve this?

    Kathy

    Kathy Burke, Jul 23, 2003