TextField Display Problems

Katie Moore

Hi,

I have a gui which has 3 combo boxes followed by a TextField all in a
column. When I open up a combo box, part of the drop down menu is hidden by
the TextField (TextField stays on top), which is below the combo boxes. Are
there any properties for the TextField that I can set?

Katie

Sudsy

Katie said:
Hi,

I have a gui which has 3 combo boxes followed by a TextField all in a
column. When I open up a combo box, part of the drop down menu is hidden by
the TextField (TextField stays on top), which is below the combo boxes. Are
there any properties for the TextField that I can set?

Katie

A most interesting problem! Can you post the source?

Lee Weiner

Hi,

I have a gui which has 3 combo boxes followed by a TextField all in a
column. When I open up a combo box, part of the drop down menu is hidden by
the TextField (TextField stays on top), which is below the combo boxes. Are
there any properties for the TextField that I can set?

Did you, by any chance, mix Swing JComboBoxes with an AWT TextField instead of
a JTextField? If so, that's your problem. Change the TextField to a
JTextField.

Lee Weiner
lee AT leeweiner DOT org