    (maybe I'll just do this: $data=~s/<input.*?value="(.*?)".*?>/$1/g; )
    You gotta love Regexes!

    Jeff

    Jeff Thies, Jul 30, 2004

  2. Jeff Thies

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 04:49:09 GMT, Jeff Thies <>
    declared in alt.html:

    > Any hints on styling away the textfield?

    I take it you want the text to show, but not the field?

    You could try setting border: 0; but browsers vary significantly in what
    they will allow you to do to form elements (for good reason), so no
    guarantees.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Jul 30, 2004

  3. Jeff Thies

    rf Guest

    Jeff Thies

    > I'm feeling a little lazy tonight.
    >
    > I have identical data that will appear in different places:

    > first as editable data
    >
    > later as just data, I'd like to give the illusion that the textfield
    > does not exist.
    >
    > Any hints on styling away the textfield?

    Cannot be done.

    copy/paste should work.

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jul 30, 2004
  4. Jeff Thies

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Jeff Thies wrote:

    > Any hints on styling away the textfield?

    <input type="hidden" value="foobar">

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Jul 30, 2004