textfield styles

Jeff Thies

I'm feeling a little lazy tonight.

I have identical data that will appear in different places:

first as editable data

later as just data, I'd like to give the illusion that the textfield
does not exist.

Any hints on styling away the textfield?

(maybe I'll just do this: $data=~s/<input.*?value="(.*?)".*?>/$1/g; )
You gotta love Regexes!

Jeff

Mark Parnell

Any hints on styling away the textfield?

I take it you want the text to show, but not the field?

You could try setting border: 0; but browsers vary significantly in what
they will allow you to do to form elements (for good reason), so no
guarantees.

rf

Jeff Thies
I'm feeling a little lazy tonight.

I have identical data that will appear in different places:

first as editable data

later as just data, I'd like to give the illusion that the textfield
does not exist.

Any hints on styling away the textfield?

Cannot be done.

copy/paste should work.