Textile / RedCloth to PDF converter?

Joerg Battermann

Hey there,

I am currently looking for a good / stable way to create .pdf-files out
of a textile formated text. Does anyone know whether someone already
wrote a textile => e.g. PDF::Writer library? Or is there any other
reliable way that allows me to create a pdf-file including the
formating of the original formatted text?

Cheers & thanks,
-Joerg

John Johnson

Hey there,

I am currently looking for a good / stable way to create .pdf-files ou= t
of a textile formated text. Does anyone know whether someone already
wrote a textile =3D> e.g. PDF::Writer library? Or is there any other
reliable way that allows me to create a pdf-file including the
formating of the original formatted text?

I have this in a file called textile2pdf. Not sure where it came from:

pdf=3D`basename $1 .txt`.pdf

redcloth $1 | \
sed -e "s/’/\'/" | \
htmldoc --cont --format pdf14 - >`basename $1 .txt`.pdf

htmldoc is availble here:

http://www.easysw.com/products.php

Regards,
JJ

-- =

Joerg Battermann

John,

thanks! I was looking for a somewhat more 'integrated' way, but it
seems this isn't something that has been created yet.

thanks and all the best,
-joerg