textio error

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Pasacco, May 2, 2005.

  1. Pasacco

    Pasacco Guest

    I am learning using textio library.
    I have source code and test bench. Both of them are compiled well.
    Test bench looks like below.

    -------------------------
    architecture
    file AAA : TEXT open READ_MODE is "text.txt";
    begin
    process
    begin
    while NOT (endfile(AAA)) loop -- here occurs error
    -------------------------

    I am using modelsim and met the following error message. It is strange
    that it tries to open VHDL file instead of TXT file...and also strange
    because there IS a text file in the directory.....

    Fatal: (vsim-7) Failed to open VHDL file "text.txt" in r mode.
    # No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT)

    If someone has this experience, let us know how to solve...

    Thankyou

    Pasacco, May 2, 2005

  2. Pasacco wrote:

    > Fatal: (vsim-7) Failed to open VHDL file "text.txt" in r mode.
    > # No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT)

    Specify the complete path for the file - not only it's name.

    e.g.:
    file AAA : TEXT open READ_MODE is "/home/userX/folderY/text.txt";

    Ralf

    Ralf Hildebrandt, May 2, 2005

  3. Pasacco

    Alan Guest

    In message <>, Ralf Hildebrandt
    <> wrote
    >Pasacco wrote:

    >> Fatal: (vsim-7) Failed to open VHDL file "text.txt" in r mode.
    >> # No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT)

    >Specify the complete path for the file - not only it's name.
    >
    >e.g.:
    >file AAA : TEXT open READ_MODE is "/home/userX/folderY/text.txt";

    Some tools don't like white spaces in the names of files or directory
    paths. It is better to always use names like 'my_directory' with an
    underscore rather than 'my directory' with a space in the name.

    --
    Alan
    mailto:

    Alan, May 2, 2005