    Regards,
    Subhabrata.
    , Nov 30, 2012

  2. Neil Cerutti Guest

    On 2012-11-30, <> wrote:
    > Python has one textming library, but I am failing to install it
    > in Windows. If any one can kindly help.

    More information needed.

    --
    Neil Cerutti
    Neil Cerutti, Nov 30, 2012

  3. Dave Angel Guest

    On 11/30/2012 02:48 PM, wrote:
    > Dear Group,
    > Python has one textming library, but I am failing to install it in Windows.
    > If any one can kindly help.
    > Regards,
    > Subhabrata.

    Please think about what you're asking, if you want people to help you.
    You say Python has a testming library, But CPython's standard library
    version 3.3 does NOT have a library called testming. Neither does 2.7
    in case you're running that one. Now, maybe some other version of
    Python has other stuff in its standard library, or maybe it's only
    available on the Amiga port of python. But you give no clues to which
    one it was.

    I repeated the search with a keyword of testmining, in case that's the
    actual name of the library. Still in neither 2.7 nor 3.3.

    So I'm forced to gaze even closer into my crystal ball. How about

    http://scripts.downloadroute.com/textmining-95300f9f.html
    http://www.testmine.com/
    http://webscripts.softpedia.com/script/E-Commerce/Catalogs/textmining-66084.html
    http://www.christianpeccei.com/projects/textmining/
    http://pybrary.net/pyPdf/
    http://code.activestate.com/recipes/511465/
    http://www.unixuser.org/~euske/python/pdfminer/index.html
    <http://www.unixuser.org/%7Eeuske/python/pdfminer/index.html>
    http://orange.biolab.si/
    http://www.amazon.com/Python-Text-Processing-NLTK-Cookbook/dp/1849513600?tag=duckduckgo-d-20
    http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Utilities/textmining-61802.shtml
    http://pypi.python.org/pypi/textmining
    http://orange-text.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

    I could call a mechanic, and tell him my car makes a funny nose, and no
    matter how hard I kick the right front tire the noise doesn't go away,
    and he's unlikely to be able to help. He'd probably like some
    fundamental facts about the problem. So do we.

    What version of Windows OS are you running?
    What version of what implementation of Python are you running?
    What library, located at what URL did you try to install?
    How did you try the installation? What happened? How did you know you
    failed?

    In many of these answers, you should paste actual program output rather
    than paraphrasing. Certainly, if you got an exception, you should paste
    the entire stack trace. And if you got that far, a minimal code example
    that shows the problem.

    --

    DaveA
    Dave Angel, Nov 30, 2012

    On Saturday, December 1, 2012 5:13:17 AM UTC+5:30, Dave Angel wrote:
    > On 11/30/2012 02:48 PM, wrote:
    >
    > > Dear Group,

    > > Python has one textming library, but I am failing to install it in Windows.

    > > If any one can kindly help.

    > > Regards,

    > > Subhabrata.

    > Please think about what you're asking, if you want people to help you.
    >
    > You say Python has a testming library, But CPython's standard library
    >
    > version 3.3 does NOT have a library called testming. Neither does 2.7
    >
    > in case you're running that one. Now, maybe some other version of
    >
    > Python has other stuff in its standard library, or maybe it's only
    >
    > available on the Amiga port of python. But you give no clues to which
    >
    > one it was.
    >

    > I repeated the search with a keyword of testmining, in case that's the
    >
    > actual name of the library. Still in neither 2.7 nor 3.3.
    >

    > So I'm forced to gaze even closer into my crystal ball. How about
    >

    > http://scripts.downloadroute.com/textmining-95300f9f.html
    >
    > http://www.testmine.com/
    >
    > http://webscripts.softpedia.com/script/E-Commerce/Catalogs/textmining-66084.html
    >
    > http://www.christianpeccei.com/projects/textmining/
    >
    > http://pybrary.net/pyPdf/
    >
    > http://code.activestate.com/recipes/511465/
    >
    > http://www.unixuser.org/~euske/python/pdfminer/index.html
    >
    > <http://www.unixuser.org/%7Eeuske/python/pdfminer/index.html>
    >
    > http://orange.biolab.si/
    >
    > http://www.amazon.com/Python-Text-Processing-NLTK-Cookbook/dp/1849513600?tag=duckduckgo-d-20
    >
    > http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Utilities/textmining-61802.shtml
    >
    > http://pypi.python.org/pypi/textmining
    >
    > http://orange-text.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
    >

    > I could call a mechanic, and tell him my car makes a funny nose, and no
    >
    > matter how hard I kick the right front tire the noise doesn't go away,
    >
    > and he's unlikely to be able to help. He'd probably like some
    >
    > fundamental facts about the problem. So do we.
    >

    > What version of Windows OS are you running?
    >
    > What version of what implementation of Python are you running?
    >
    > What library, located at what URL did you try to install?
    >
    > How did you try the installation? What happened? How did you know you
    >
    > failed?
    >

    > In many of these answers, you should paste actual program output rather
    >
    > than paraphrasing. Certainly, if you got an exception, you should paste
    >
    > the entire stack trace. And if you got that far, a minimal code example
    >
    > that shows the problem.
    >

    > --
    >

    > DaveA

    Dear Group,

    Python has one textmining library.
    [Sorry for the spelling mistake in earlier post].

    As I see it can be downloaded from,

    http://pypi.python.org/pypi/textmining/1.0

    I am running Python 2.7.3 (default, Apr 10 2012, 23:31:26) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32 with IDLE as GUI and Windows 7 as OS.

    I am not getting how to download and use it.

    If any one of the learned members in the room can kindly help it.

    Regards,
    Subhabrata Banerjee.
    , Dec 1, 2012

  6. On 01/12/2012 09:27, wrote:
    > Dear Group,
    >
    > Python has one textmining library.
    > [Sorry for the spelling mistake in earlier post].
    >
    > As I see it can be downloaded from,
    >
    > http://pypi.python.org/pypi/textmining/1.0
    >
    > I am running Python 2.7.3 (default, Apr 10 2012, 23:31:26) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32 with IDLE as GUI and Windows 7 as OS.

    Thanks for the above.

    > I am not getting how to download and use it.

    Use easy_install or pip from the command line. Any search engine will
    find you the instructions on how to install them. Here's a starting
    point http://packages.python.org/an_example_pypi_project/setuptools.html

    > If any one of the learned members in the room can kindly help it.

    Learned members in this group? :)

    --
    Cheers.

    Mark Lawrence.