    It involves the 'syntax' setting at least.

    Thanks
    Brian Tozer
    KiwiBrian, Jun 12, 2004

  2. KiwiBrian wrote:

    > Is there some kind soul who uses TextPad and who would tell me EXACTLY how I
    > can modify the configuration so that every occurrance of img in the source
    > being displayed is highlighted in red?
    > The help is very cursory and obtuse on this point for this non-programmer.
    > It involves the 'syntax' setting at least.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Brian Tozer

    I suggest posting this question in the textpad.com web forum. If you
    search the forum, you might find the answer exists.
    Shailesh Humbad, Jun 12, 2004

  3. Also sprach KiwiBrian:

    > Is there some kind soul who uses TextPad and who would tell me
    > EXACTLY how I can modify the configuration so that every occurrance
    > of img in the source being displayed is highlighted in red?
    > The help is very cursory and obtuse on this point for this
    > non-programmer. It involves the 'syntax' setting at least.

    Try this:
    Go to the "Configure" Menu, click "Preferences", then expand "Document
    Classes", then "HTML", then click "Syntax". On the right side, the name of
    the "Syntax Definition File" should appear (something like "html.syn" for
    example). Click the "Open" button beside it. Now the syntax definition file
    is opened in TextPad and you can edit it:

    Find the line with the "IMG". Delete it. Look through the file to find
    occurrences of "[Keywords x]" (x being a number 1,2,3,...) and remember
    which is the highest number (should be below 6). Add the following to the
    end of the file, replacing X by the next higher number:

    [Keywords X]
    IMG

    Save the file.
    Go to Configure -> Preferences -> Document Classes -> HTML again and click
    "Colors". Click on the "Item" "Keyword X" (X being the number you used
    above). Select foreground and background color to your taste (foreground
    red, in your case). Click "OK" and it should work. (Not sure if you need to
    restart TextPad.)

    HTH,
    Thomas
    Thomas Mlynarczyk, Jun 27, 2004