    sniperx Guest

    i use textpad to prog. but so far, i can't get texpad 5 to work.
    Where's the compile button?

    sniperx, Oct 30, 2007

  2. sniperx

    derek Guest

    On 10/30/2007 at 13:29:14, sniperx <> wrote:

    > i use textpad to prog. but so far, i can't get texpad 5 to work.
    > Where's the compile button?

    Have you tried the "help" button on your application to see if it can help you?
    Have you tried going to the website of the application to see if there is documentation there?

    derek, Oct 30, 2007

  3. sniperx

    Steve Sobol Guest

    On 2007-10-30, sniperx <> wrote:
    > i use textpad to prog. but so far, i can't get texpad 5 to work.
    > Where's the compile button?

    I use Textpad too, but not for compiling. I didn't even realize it HAD a
    compile button. :p

    --
    Steve Sobol, Victorville, CA PGP:0xE3AE35ED www.SteveSobol.com

    SoCal Fire news @the L.A. Times: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/breakingnews/
    Local wildfire coverage, KFMB-TV San Diego: http://cbs8.com/

    Steve Sobol, Oct 30, 2007
  4. sniperx

    Tobi Guest

    In Textpad 5, if you select the "Tools Menu" and then "External Tools"-
    you should see the compile Java option.

    Tobi

    Tobi, Oct 30, 2007
  5. sniperx

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:29:14 -0700, sniperx <>

    >i use textpad to prog. but so far, i can't get texpad 5 to work.
    >Where's the compile button?

    If you are outgrowing Textpad you might look into on of the various
    IDEs. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/ide.html
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary

    Roedy Green, Nov 4, 2007
  6. Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:29:14 -0700, sniperx <>
    >
    >> i use textpad to prog. but so far, i can't get texpad 5 to work.
    >> Where's the compile button?

    > If you are outgrowing Textpad you might look into on of the various
    > IDEs. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/ide.html

    Or, if you like the combination of text editor and command line compile
    & run, look for a better editor.

    I still like PFE (Programmers File Editor) a lot. Its the best Windows
    editor I've ever found. It can have an unlimited number of files open at
    once and provides a fast way to find the one you want, has good text
    formatting, good search and replace capabilities, is very configurable
    and can run a command line, piping the result into an editor window. Its
    very fast as well.

    I also use microEmacs - also very configurable and extensible. It has
    Unix/Linux, DOS and Windows ports. A major advantage is that easily
    configure it to give the same look & feel on all platforms, though the
    Windows version also supports the usual Windows short cuts and mouse
    clicks. Unlike a lot of Windows editors (including PFE) it supports
    regular expression matching for searching and replacing text.

    --
    martin@ | Martin Gregorie
    gregorie. | Essex, UK

    Martin Gregorie, Nov 4, 2007
  7. sniperx

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 22:57:28 +0000, Martin Gregorie
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    >I still like PFE (Programmers File Editor) a lot.

    I still use slickedit a lot, mainly because it is so quick and so
    quick to load.

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/slickedit.html

    Roedy Green, Nov 5, 2007
  8. sniperx

    JussiJ Guest

    On Oct 31, 4:29 am, sniperx <> wrote:

    > i use textpad to prog. but so far, i can't get texpad 5 to
    > work. Where's the compile button?

    FWIW the Zeus IDE/editor has a compile/build buttons:

    http://www.zeusedit.com

    With a bit of configuration it can be made to support almost
    any programming language.

    Jussi Jumppanen
    Author: Zeus for Windows IDE

    JussiJ, Nov 7, 2007
  9. sniperx

    Jatin Vij Guest

    On Oct 30, 12:29 pm, sniperx <> wrote:
    > i use textpad to prog. but so far, i can't get texpad 5 to work.
    > Where's the compile button?

    PLease please please for the love of god..
    start using either netbeans or eclipse..

    I wasted a year of my life using textpad..

    Jatin Vij, Nov 7, 2007