textpad

sniperx

i use textpad to prog. but so far, i can't get texpad 5 to work.
Where's the compile button?

derek

i use textpad to prog. but so far, i can't get texpad 5 to work.
Where's the compile button?

Have you tried the "help" button on your application to see if it can help you?
Have you tried going to the website of the application to see if there is documentation there?

Steve Sobol

i use textpad to prog. but so far, i can't get texpad 5 to work.
Where's the compile button?

I use Textpad too, but not for compiling. I didn't even realize it HAD a
compile button. :p

Tobi

In Textpad 5, if you select the "Tools Menu" and then "External Tools"-
you should see the compile Java option.

Tobi

Martin Gregorie

Roedy said:
If you are outgrowing Textpad you might look into on of the various
IDEs. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/ide.html

Or, if you like the combination of text editor and command line compile
& run, look for a better editor.

I still like PFE (Programmers File Editor) a lot. Its the best Windows
editor I've ever found. It can have an unlimited number of files open at
once and provides a fast way to find the one you want, has good text
formatting, good search and replace capabilities, is very configurable
and can run a command line, piping the result into an editor window. Its
very fast as well.

I also use microEmacs - also very configurable and extensible. It has
Unix/Linux, DOS and Windows ports. A major advantage is that easily
configure it to give the same look & feel on all platforms, though the
Windows version also supports the usual Windows short cuts and mouse
clicks. Unlike a lot of Windows editors (including PFE) it supports
regular expression matching for searching and replacing text.

JussiJ

i use textpad to prog. but so far, i can't get texpad 5 to
work. Where's the compile button?

FWIW the Zeus IDE/editor has a compile/build buttons:

http://www.zeusedit.com

With a bit of configuration it can be made to support almost
any programming language.

Jussi Jumppanen
Author: Zeus for Windows IDE

Jatin Vij

i use textpad to prog. but so far, i can't get texpad 5 to work.
Where's the compile button?

PLease please please for the love of god..
start using either netbeans or eclipse..

I wasted a year of my life using textpad..