    Coluld anyone help me?
    Thanks in advance.

    Regards

    ghiggia, Jun 11, 2007

  2. ghiggia

    Angel Guest

    ghiggia <> wrote:
    > like "vi" but capable of understanding xml.

    How about Vim? By 'understanding' do you mean that it does syntax
    highlighting? If so, Vim might be the one you are looking for.

    --
    Saludos,
    Angel

    Angel, Jun 11, 2007

  3. Emacs, of course, has an XML mode. But if you're one of those who
    actually likes VI, you may not like Emacs; modal versus non-modal
    editors tends to be a very strong preference (classic "religious war"
    material, in fact.)

    "Master, does Emacs have Buddha-nature?"
    "... I can't see why not. It has everything else."

    Joe Kesselman, Jun 11, 2007
  4. ghiggia

    ghiggia Guest

    With vi a user can corrupt the xml file, if the editor understands xml
    I hope it can deny saving corrupted files.
    Bye

    ghiggia, Jun 11, 2007
  5. ghiggia

    Guest

    On 11 Jun, 13:10, ghiggia <> wrote:
    > With vi a user can corrupt the xml file, if the editor understands xml
    > I hope it can deny saving corrupted files.
    > Bye
    >

    > Angel wrote:
    > > ghiggia <> wrote:
    > > > like "vi" but capable of understanding xml.

    > > How about Vim? By 'understanding' do you mean that it does syntax
    > > highlighting? If so, Vim might be the one you are looking for.

    > > --
    > > Saludos,
    > > Angel- Hide quoted text -

    FWIW - I've used KDevelop with XML highlighting.

    Eclipse also has XML Perspectives. I haven't actually used them, but
    this article describes one called XMLBuddy that looks reasonable.

    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/os-ecxml/

    It also looks like it offers validation of your XML against schemas or
    DTDs etc.

    HTH,

    Pete.
    Pete Cordell
    Codalogic Ltd
    for XML Schema to C++ data binding visit
    http://www.codalogic.com/lmx/

    , Jun 12, 2007
  6. ghiggia

    Peter Flynn Guest

    ghiggia wrote:
    > I'm looking for a XML textual editor if exists. I want an editor
    > without graphics to bu runned on a linux system without X server, just
    > like "vi" but capable of understanding xml.

    Emacs with psgml-mode, onsgmls, xsl-ide, dtd-mode, and assorted bells
    and whistles gives you a complete XML system that will run in a terminal.

    ///Peter

    Peter Flynn, Jun 13, 2007
  7. ghiggia

    Jason Earl Guest

    Peter Flynn <> writes:

    > ghiggia wrote:
    >> I'm looking for a XML textual editor if exists. I want an editor
    >> without graphics to bu runned on a linux system without X server, just
    >> like "vi" but capable of understanding xml.

    > Emacs with psgml-mode, onsgmls, xsl-ide, dtd-mode, and assorted
    > bells and whistles gives you a complete XML system that will run in
    > a terminal.

    psgml-mode is nice, but Emacs with nxml-mode will validate your XML
    file as you type. If you use viper-mode you can even keep your
    vi-style keystrokes.

    If you really need something that works without X then Emacs is
    essentially your only choice. On the other hand, Emacs is a pretty
    compelling choice no matter what your requirements might be.

    Jason

    Jason Earl, Jun 15, 2007