Thank you Rakudo-Star (and question about SciTE for Perl 6)

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Dilbert, Jul 30, 2010.

  1. Dilbert

    Dilbert Guest

    I know, it's not really on topic in c.l.p.m, but I just can't contain
    my excitement:

    Perl 6/Rakudo-Star has been released yesterday:
    http://rakudo.org/announce/rakudo-star/2010.07, the download page is
    http://github.com/rakudo/star/downloads

    I am just a simple Perl user, but I say: "Thank you very much to all
    who have made this release possible".

    Not all Perl 6 features are there, it is slow and it might contain
    some bugs, but as far as the integration with Windows is concerned, it
    works perfectly (no need to call for a Strawberry version of Rakudo-
    Star).

    Now, that my appetite for Perl 6 on Windows is satisfied (until the
    next monthly release of Rakudo-Star) I am going to my next item on my
    wish list, which is...

    ....does anybody know whether there is a project that integrates Perl 6
    syntax for the SciTE editor ( http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html ) ?
    (I am currently using SciTE for Perl 5 and it works perfectly)

    Dilbert, Jul 30, 2010

  2. Dilbert

    Gabor Szabo Guest

    On Jul 30, 5:02 pm, Dilbert <> wrote:
    > ...does anybody know whether there is a project that integrates Perl 6
    > syntax for the SciTE editor (http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html) ?
    > (I am currently using SciTE for Perl 5 and it works perfectly)

    I don't know about that but in Padre - which is also based on
    Scintilla - we use the STD.pm for syntax highlighting Perl 6. It is
    rather slow now but at least you have decent highlighting.

    http://padre.perlide.org/

    Gabor

    Gabor Szabo, Aug 7, 2010

  3. Dilbert

    Dilbert Guest

    On 7 août, 09:16, Gabor Szabo <> wrote:
    > On Jul 30, 5:02 pm, Dilbert <> wrote:
    >
    > > ...does anybody know whether there is a project that integrates Perl 6
    > > syntax for the SciTE editor (http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html) ?
    > > (I am currently using SciTE for Perl 5 and it works perfectly)

    > I don't know about that but in Padre - which is also based on
    > Scintilla - we use the STD.pm for syntax highlighting Perl 6. It is
    > rather slow now but at least you have decent highlighting.
    >
    > http://padre.perlide.org/

    Thanks, I will try it out.

    Dilbert, Aug 8, 2010