    I only hope that if thats the case, then they should post their
    findings here.

    - Paddy.

    Paddy, Jul 31, 2005

  2. Paddy

    Robert Kern Guest

    Paddy wrote:
    > Sometimes when reading c.l.p. I mentally stand off from what I have
    > been reading and get an odd feeling that 'WE ARE BEING TESTED'. That
    > someone else is purposefully posting a near repetitive post, or obvious
    > flame bait etc - not for the usual reasons, but to track the dynamics
    > af the replies. Rather like dropping a stone in the river and watching
    > pythonistas return c.l.p. to its normal, helpful, and polite norm.
    > Fascinating.
    > I only hope that if thats the case, then they should post their
    > findings here.

    My experience with USENET suggests that there is always a steady stream
    of newbies, trolls, and otherwise clueless people. In the absence of
    real evidence (like traceable headers), I don't think there's a reason
    to suspect that there's someone performing psychological experiments on
    the denizens of c.l.py.

    --
    Robert Kern

    -- Richard Harter

    Robert Kern, Jul 31, 2005

  3. Robert Kern wrote:
    > My experience with USENET suggests that there is always a steady stream
    > of newbies, trolls, and otherwise clueless people. In the absence of
    > real evidence (like traceable headers), I don't think there's a reason
    > to suspect that there's someone performing psychological experiments on
    > the denizens of c.l.py.

    Er... yes! Exactly!

    These are not the trolls you're looking for, move along. :)

    Christopher Subich, Jul 31, 2005
  4. Paddy

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Paddy wrote:
    > Sometimes when reading c.l.p. I mentally stand off from what I have
    > been reading and get an odd feeling that 'WE ARE BEING TESTED'. That
    > someone else is purposefully posting a near repetitive post, or obvious
    > flame bait etc - not for the usual reasons, but to track the dynamics
    > af the replies. Rather like dropping a stone in the river and watching
    > pythonistas return c.l.p. to its normal, helpful, and polite norm.
    > Fascinating.
    > I only hope that if thats the case, then they should post their
    > findings here.

    Hmm... was that a test, too? ;-)

    Peter Hansen, Jul 31, 2005
  5. Paddy

    Paddy Guest

    L.OL :)

    Paddy, Jul 31, 2005
  6. Paddy

    Benji York Guest

    Paddy wrote:
    > Sometimes when reading c.l.p. I mentally stand off from what I have
    > been reading and get an odd feeling that 'WE ARE BEING TESTED'. That
    > someone else is purposefully posting a near repetitive post, or obvious
    > flame bait etc - not for the usual reasons, but to track the dynamics
    > af the replies.

    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by
    stupidity."
    --
    Benji York

    Benji York, Aug 1, 2005
  7. Paddy

    Nigel Rowe Guest

    Benji York wrote:

    > Paddy wrote:
    >> Sometimes when reading c.l.p. I mentally stand off from what I have
    >> been reading and get an odd feeling that 'WE ARE BEING TESTED'. That
    >> someone else is purposefully posting a near repetitive post, or obvious
    >> flame bait etc - not for the usual reasons, but to track the dynamics
    >> af the replies.

    > "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by
    > stupidity."
    > --
    > Benji York

    And its corollary, "sufficiently advanced cluelessness
    is indistinguishable from malice."

    --
    Nigel Rowe
    A pox upon the spammers that make me write my address like..

    Nigel Rowe, Aug 1, 2005