The 1st Annual Underhanded C Contest

Xcott Craver

See here for the inaugural Underhanded C contest:

http://www.brainhz.com/underhanded/

The object is to write clear, readable, innocent-looking C code that
nevertheless does something malicious. That is, you must code evil
behavior that passes visual inspection of the source by other programmers.

This contest was just announced at the Information Hiding Workshop in
Barcelona, Catalonia. For that reason, we decided that the first year's
challenge would be covert fingerprinting of images: write code that
implements some basic image-processing operation, but covertly embeds
a unique fingerprint in every image.

Mail me with questions at Xcott Craver (one word) at teh gmail.
Xcott

Xcott Craver

Dave Turner said:
i just tabbed the malicious code off-screen. game over ;-)

Careful, now: the bottom of the challenge page says, "created with vi."

Xcott