The active directory datatype cannot be converted to/from a native

Guest

"The active directory datatype cannot be converted to/from a native DS
datatype"

I have an ASP.NET web page that uses queries to AD to identify current users.
Delegation is configured in AD and works as expected.

But sometimes I get an error : "The active directory datatype cannot be
converted to/from a native DS datatype"
And the only way to resolve this error is to kill the aspnet_wp.exe manually.

This website runs on Windows 2000 SP4 with all latest patches.
I think this might be a bug in Windows or ASP.NET. This application is
critical for us and we do not think that manually killing the aspnet_wp.exe
is a good practice.

Does anyone experience this same problem and hopefully there is a fix or
reliable workarround?

Thanks,
Johan

Guest

Yes I have seen this KB. But it is about 6 years old and handles adsi 2.0.
I found on the internet some simmilar issues and they all said to kill
aspnet_wp.exe. That does the job, but that's not a good work arround because
is ugly. (These articles are very recent so I think this might be a bug
related to some update fixes from microsoft)

Johan