The best editor

Luigi Donatello Asero

Frank Olieu said:
_Luigi Donatello Asero_ skrev | wrote | écrivit (28-05-2006 18:31):

You know, the "Turning Torso" in Malmö... Do you live there, by the way? Could
be an explanation :)

Not in Malmö. In Partille, near Göteborg.
Did you read it?
http://www.n24.se/dynamiskt/fastighet_bygg/did_12709630.asp
Yeah, that's quite impressive actually...
But it still takes time for me to understand this...
http://www.epl.ee/artikkel_321486.html?PHPSESSID=a68717c304a75f45de9302eb4b44f187
I understand. Do you like languages?
Back to the editor, I see that there is a java version to download.

Edwin van der Vaart

Toby said:
Not sure about jedit, but the other two are. However, to run Nedit on Mac,
you'll need to make sure you have Apple's X server installed.
A little quote from jedit.org:
Written in Java, so it runs on Mac OS X, OS/2, Unix, VMS and Windows.
So it looks like you need Apple's X server.
--
Edwin van der Vaart
http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site

Edwin van der Vaart

Luigi said:
"Luigi Donatello Asero" skrev i meddelandet

Jedit has a java version.
But after downloading the file I do not know how to open it...
Perhaps I should choose another version...
I am working on a Windows platform now...
Otherwise how can I open this file?

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jedit/jedit42install.jar?use_mirror=heanet
For Java-based installing on a Mac there is an installation instruction at:
http://www.jedit.org/index.php?page=download&platform=mac#instructions
For OS/2:
http://www.jedit.org/index.php?page=download&platform=os2#instructions
For *nix:
http://www.jedit.org/index.php?page=download&platform=unix#instructions
For vms (I believe it's Virtual MachineS):
http://www.jedit.org/index.php?page=download&platform=vms#instructions
For Windows:
http://www.jedit.org/index.php?page=download&platform=windows#instructions

There's also a RPM for Linux, look in your package management of your
distribution.
--
Edwin van der Vaart
http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site
24help.info, issociate.de and software-help1.org to duplicate this post.

Frank Olieu

_Luigi Donatello Asero_ skrev | wrote | écrivit (28-05-2006 19:25):

Ooops! Fy for faen...

Finnish! my favorite! (not that I understand anything of it, but it looks cool!)
I understand. Do you like languages?

Not especially... They're just a necessary annoyance... Had to learn a few
myselv (danish [+ ~swedish/norwegian], english, french {native}, german and a
little bit of breton [+ ~cymraeg]). That's EU you know... a modern babylon tower!
As to formal languages, I'm still at the babbling stage :(

Luigi Donatello Asero

Frank Olieu said:
_Luigi Donatello Asero_ skrev | wrote | écrivit (28-05-2006 19:25):

Ooops! Fy for faen...
http://www.epl.ee/artikkel_321486.html?PHPSESSID=a68717c304a75f45de9302eb4b44f187

Finnish! my favorite! (not that I understand anything of it, but it looks
cool!)
No, that was not Finnish. It was Estonian!
I understand. Do you like languages?

Not especially... They're just a necessary annoyance... Had to learn a few
myselv (danish [+ ~swedish/norwegian], english, french {native}, german and a
little bit of breton [+ ~cymraeg]). That's EU you know... a modern babylon tower!
As to formal languages, I'm still at the babbling stage :(

I am for EU although it is not perfect.
Did you work for EU or why did you have to learn the languages?
I like languages.

Frank Olieu

_Luigi Donatello Asero_ skrev | wrote | écrivit (28-05-2006 23:52):
No, that was not Finnish. It was Estonian!

Doh!... Errr, that's still Finno-Ugrian, isn't it? :)

Luigi Donatello Asero

Frank Olieu said:
_Luigi Donatello Asero_ skrev | wrote | écrivit (28-05-2006 23:52):

Doh!... Errr, that's still Finno-Ugrian, isn't it? :)

Yes, it is and Estonian and Finnish have much in common.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Yes, it is and Estonian and Finnish have much in common.

At the end of the following page there is a list about this group of
languages
http://www.helsinki.fi/~jolaakso/fufaq.html
By the way it seems as I need java in this old computer to use the editor
which we were talking about..
I imagine that there is some licence agreement to read....
But is it Java which makes this editor more stable?
As to the FTP program I have Internet Neighborhood but it is an old
version (4.5)
It is not freeware.. I am looking for a better one or more updated which I
could buy without using credit cards.

dorayme

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
I am also under the impression that many want to know more about me...
but how much are you willing to tell about yourself?

How long is a piece of string?

Gufus

Hi Luigi,

From: (e-mail address removed)
Which is the best editor on the market usable both on a
Windows and on a Mac and on a Linux platform
http://www.linux.org/ and which allows the user to download
and upload files over ftp from and to the server?

I like.

http://www.ultraedit.com

Cheers!

--
K Klement

Enhance your marketing at http://www.gypsy-designs.com
mailto:[email protected]
Gypsy Designs Fax: (403) 242-3221

.... Your mode of life will be changed to ASCII.

Frank Olieu

_Luigi Donatello Asero_ skrev | wrote | écrivit (29-05-2006 00:42):
By the way it seems as I need java in this old computer to use the editor
which we were talking about..

Download Java Runtime Environment from http://www.java.com/
Then, install Jedit...
But is it Java which makes this editor more stable?

Not that I know. But it makes it cross-platform.
As to the FTP program I have Internet Neighborhood but it is an old
version (4.5)

Jedit has its own FTP plugin (Separate download. Get it from Jedit's 'Plugin
Manager'), so you could open/save your files directly from it.
It is not freeware.. I am looking for a better one or more updated which I
could buy without using credit cards.

If you need a stand-alone FTP program, you could try FileZilla (Open Source):
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/filezilla/FileZilla_2_2_24a_setup.exe?download

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
I am also under the impression that many want to know more about me...

Yes. You're like a scientific anomaly just asking for dissection.

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
cool!)
No, that was not Finnish. It was Estonian!

One time I got stoned at a rock concert in Estonia and got fined by a Finn
at the finish. -An igneous experience...

I heard that Estonians have virtual testicles. True?