    Is there any better file format for import/export data?

    Any help would be appreciated,
    Max
    Max2006, Oct 9, 2007

  2. Max2006

    Patrice Guest

    The format is not part of the requirements ? What is the exact purpose ?

    IMO users are more used to spreadsheet files rather than to xml or even
    Access files. Of course it depends if the overall goal is to import/export
    data to automated systems or if this is to allows users to handle those
    files by themselves in a familiar tool...

    My personal default preference would be likely Excel files but your berst
    bet is liekly to ask them what they intend to do with those files...

    ---
    Patrice

    Patrice, Oct 9, 2007

  3. Max2006

    pvong Guest

    CSV is what I would pick.

    pvong, Oct 9, 2007
  4. Max2006

    David C Guest

    I see nothing wrong with MDB as asp.net has a data provider for it. You can
    read it directly into SQL Server using dataset, I would think.

    David

    David C, Oct 9, 2007
  5. RE: The best file format to import/export data into sql database throu

    CSV (Comma Separated Values) is generally considered to be the most
    platform-agnostic file format.
    -- Peter
    Recursion: see Recursion
    site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Oct 9, 2007