The best file format to import/export data into sql database through asp.net application

Max2006

Hi,

We are developing a SQL server based asp.net application. As part of
requirement we should allow users import/export some relational data through
web user interface. We are investigation which file format would be the most
efficient format to import export relational data.

So far we came up with two options: XML and Access MDB files and we prefer
MDB files.

Is there any better file format for import/export data?

Any help would be appreciated,
Max

Patrice

The format is not part of the requirements ? What is the exact purpose ?

IMO users are more used to spreadsheet files rather than to xml or even
Access files. Of course it depends if the overall goal is to import/export
data to automated systems or if this is to allows users to handle those
files by themselves in a familiar tool...

My personal default preference would be likely Excel files but your berst
bet is liekly to ask them what they intend to do with those files...

David C

I see nothing wrong with MDB as asp.net has a data provider for it. You can
read it directly into SQL Server using dataset, I would think.

David