The best, friendly and easy use Python Editor.

Kayode Odeyemi

Simply use Netbeans

[I personally use emacs. It would be sadistic to make that into a

recommendation]

Lol! That's just too true. It's also true for Eclipse, which I use very
comfortably on Windows 7, but has proven to be a nightmare to set up on
Ubuntu.

On Linux, I've tried several, but always keep coming back to Geany.

Chris Angelico

All true (especially the holy wars bit!). OP didn't (as far as
I can see) even say which OS he is using. Anyway, my suggestion
is generally that people use the editor with which they are
already comfortable.

Sound advice. [snip] Whatever works is what works. It's just a
text file after all.

So even "ed" or "edlin" or even "cat" would do ;-)

Definitely. Especially if your edlin syntax highlights Python.

ChrisA

Mark Lawrence

It's just a text file after all.

True indeed, let's not worry about trivial issues like indentation,
mixing tabs and spaces or whatever. Notepad anybody? :)

Miki Tebeka

I personally like Eclipse as I use it for most of my projects (not only Python) so I use Eclipse + PyDev plug-in for Python.
Aptana is doing a great job bundling Eclipse + PyDev (+ other goodies).

Wolfgang Keller

for all senior can you suggest me the best, friendly and easy use
with nice GUI editor for me, and have many a good features such as
auto complete/auto correct.

Depends on what you are used to.

If you're used to bare-bones editors such as emacs, vim etc, they can be
used for Python.

If you're used to IDEs, WingIDE is one long-standing competitor. The
"101" version is free.

There are also editors implemented *in* Python, which can be used for
programming Python, such as Editra, which features quite a few
useful plugins.

Sincerely,

Wolfgang

Leonard, Arah

True indeed, let's not worry about trivial issues like indentation, mixing tabs and spaces or whatever. Notepad anybody? :)

Hey, I didn't say Notepad was the *best* tool for the job, just that Pythonscripts are merely text files.

Though, that said, I have used Notepad and Wordpad any number of times in the past to edit Python files, all without bringing the universe to an untimely end. Even used DOS Edit once. You use what you have at the time. A good craftsman never blames the tools. ;)

Chris Angelico

Hey, I didn't say Notepad was the *best* tool for the job, just that Python scripts are merely text files.

Though, that said, I have used Notepad and Wordpad any number of times inthe past to edit Python files, all without bringing the universe to an untimely end. Even used DOS Edit once. You use what you have at the time. Agood craftsman never blames the tools. ;)

I've edited files using any number of poor tools, but that doesn't
mean I'd choose them for daily work. Blame your tools no, but choose
which ones you carry around on your belt. I have a couple of
special-purpose editors that absolutely *suck* for general work, but
have a specific feature that makes them good for one particular
situation... one editor has a 32KB limit, no spiffy features, and
sometimes mishandles line endings, but it edits files on my remote
server, and can sometimes work when SSHing isn't an option. But
there's no way I'd use that for any other purpose than remote editing.

ChrisA

Michael Torrie

Vim has everything, you just need a bunch of plugins.
I code mainly in python and django, and I use these plugins (among others):

powerline (status bar indicating git branch, etc..)
syntastic (support for pep8, flake8, pyflakes, etc..)
ctrlp (fuzzy search for filenames)
jedi (*awesome* python smart autocompletion)
tagbar (support for ctags, tags in a side window, jump around, etc)
fugitive (git with vim commands, very useful)
nerdcommenter (smart comment management)
nerdtree (filesystem management, tree of files, etc)
snipmate (snippets and autoexpanding of boilerplates)
gundo (undo management - vim has a smarter-than-others undo system)
supertab (autocomplete everything with TAB, smartly depending on
language and context).

Is this enough? :)
I can continue, but I think that, just to start, is enough. Vim wins.

Awesome. I'm checking out these plugins right now, especially jedi and
supertab. Thanks so much!

Neil Cerutti

Though, that said, I have used Notepad and Wordpad any number
of times in the past to edit Python files, all without bringing
the universe to an untimely end. Even used DOS Edit once. You
use what you have at the time. A good craftsman never blames
the tools. ;)

DOS Edit was great for quick edits. The file size limit is a
pity, though.

Dave Angel

DOS Edit was great for quick edits. The file size limit is a
pity, though.

I once had to write a text editor that would run in a 32k machine
without a disk drive. The editor had to fit in RAM with the data, so
the text files were limited to 320 lines.

Tetsuya

Vim has everything, you just need a bunch of plugins. [...]
jedi (*awesome* python smart autocompletion) [...]
supertab (autocomplete everything with TAB, smartly depending on
language and context).

Awesome. I'm checking out these plugins right now, especially jedi and
supertab. Thanks so much!

;-) you're welcome!

Wayne Werner

All true (especially the holy wars bit!). OP didn't (as far as
I can see) even say which OS he is using. Anyway, my suggestion
is generally that people use the editor with which they are
already comfortable.

Sound advice. [snip] Whatever works is what works. It's just a
text file after all.

So even "ed" or "edlin" or even "cat" would do ;-)
?
-tkc
?
wq