The best way to make a generic report page using a web service indicated in a xml file.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Pablo Gutierrez, Oct 27, 2003.

  1. Hello,

    I'd like someone tell me the best form of doing this:

    I am programming a generic report aspx page that will read one of several
    configuration xml files according to a parameter passed thought the URL.

    i.e. if the page is called pReport.aspx?report=eaf it will read a
    configuration file called eaf.xml.

    The eaf.xml will tell the aspx page which web service must be called to get
    the data for that report.

    For example:

    <root>

    <webservice>http://example.com/webservices/production.asmx</webservice>