The best way to update a collection in a struts page using "logic:iterate"

Discussion in 'Java' started by Zhao, Sep 16, 2003.

  1. Zhao

    Zhao Guest

    In my ActionForm, I used ArrayList, as a property, to hold a
    collection of query result rows from db and each row is stored in the
    ArrayList as a
    Java object with many fields. I display the collection using tag
    <logic:iterate>. Some of fields appear as text field in the table on
    the jsp
    page. Users will make some modification and click a submit button so
    that
    the form is sent back to the server.

    My questions are:

    - What is the best way to obtain the modified data in the Action?

    - Should I give each row a numbered name so that I can access them
    them as parameters?
    - Or is there any better solution in Struts to deal with
    collections?

    thanks
    Zhao, Sep 16, 2003