    Dave

    P.S. As long as I'm posting, are there other mainstream newsgroups that are
    dedicated to discussions of *standard* C++?

    Dave Theese, Aug 26, 2003

  2. Dave Theese

    Mike Wahler Guest

    Dave Theese <> wrote in message
    news:Zex2b.8171$QT5.4642@fed1read02...

    > Hello all,
    >
    > Could someone that is in-the-know please explain what the intended use is

    of
    > the three newsgroups shown below? I realize, of course, that all are

    forums
    > for discussing C++, but what is the *difference* between the three?
    >
    > comp.lang.c++

    Discussion of C++ as defined by ISO.

    > comp.lang.c++.moderated

    Same as comp.lang.c++ but moderated.

    > comp.std.c++

    Discussion of the ISO standard itself.

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Aug 26, 2003

  3. Dave Theese wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > Could someone that is in-the-know please explain what the intended use is of
    > the three newsgroups shown below? I realize, of course, that all are forums
    > for discussing C++, but what is the *difference* between the three?

    Actually, that's not quite true.

    > comp.lang.c++

    Used for discussion of the C++ language and library, as defined by the
    C++ standard.

    > comp.lang.c++.moderated

    Moderated form of the above. Lower traffic. A human moderator
    pre-approves every message before it is allowed to reach the group. This
    makes it slower than a non-moderated group.

    > comp.std.c++

    Used for discussion of the C++ standard itself, meaning the actual
    standard document. Interpretations of passages, discussion of defects,
    suggestions for additions, etc.

    > Thank you,
    > Dave
    >
    > P.S. As long as I'm posting, are there other mainstream newsgroups that are
    > dedicated to discussions of *standard* C++?

    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ comes to mind. There are also numerous
    incarnations of comp.lang.c++ for other (spoken) languages. But
    basically this is the place.

    -Kevin

    Kevin Goodsell, Aug 26, 2003
  4. Dave Theese

    jeffc Guest

    "Dave Theese" <> wrote in message

    > P.S. As long as I'm posting, are there other mainstream newsgroups that

    are
    > dedicated to discussions of *standard* C++?

    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++

    jeffc, Aug 26, 2003