The code is not working

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Gandalf, Jul 13, 2007.

  1. Gandalf

    Gandalf Guest

    I download the framework and install the IIS server 5.1, But when I
    copy the code that supposed to print me 'hello world' from my manual
    it didn't work. It showed me the page, but ignored the '.net' script.
    What could be the reason?
    Does my server version support asp.net?

    This is the code I copy:
    <%@Page Language="C#"%>

    <script runat="server">
    void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {
    myLabel.Text = "Hello World!";
    }
    </script>

    <head>
    <title>My first ASP.NET page</title>
    </head>

    <asp:Label runat="server" id="myLabel"></asp:Label>

    thanks

    Gandalf, Jul 13, 2007

  2. On Jul 13, 12:28 pm, Gandalf <> wrote:
    > I download the framework and install the IIS server 5.1, But when I
    > copy the code that supposed to print me 'hello world' from my manual
    > it didn't work. It showed me the page, but ignored the '.net' script.
    > What could be the reason?
    > Does my server version support asp.net?
    >
    > This is the code I copy:
    > <%@Page Language="C#"%>
    >
    > <script runat="server">
    > void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {
    > myLabel.Text = "Hello World!";
    > }
    > </script>

    > <head>
    > <title>My first ASP.NET page</title>
    > </head>

    > <asp:Label runat="server" id="myLabel"></asp:Label>
    >
    > thanks

    Execute C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework
    \v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.aspx -i

    That should register the ASP.NET with IIS.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306005

    Alexey Smirnov, Jul 13, 2007

  3. Gandalf

    Gandalf Guest

    On Jul 13, 1:01 pm, Alexey Smirnov <> wrote:
    > On Jul 13, 12:28 pm, Gandalf <> wrote:
    >

    > > I download the framework and install the IIS server 5.1, But when I
    > > copy the code that supposed to print me 'hello world' from my manual
    > > it didn't work. It showed me the page, but ignored the '.net' script.
    > > What could be the reason?
    > > Does my server version support asp.net?

    > > This is the code I copy:
    > > <%@Page Language="C#"%>

    > > <script runat="server">
    > > void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {
    > > myLabel.Text = "Hello World!";
    > > }
    > > </script>

    > > <head>
    > > <title>My first ASP.NET page</title>
    > > </head>

    > > <asp:Label runat="server" id="myLabel"></asp:Label>

    > > thanks

    > Execute C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework
    > \v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.aspx -i
    >
    > That should register the ASP.NET with IIS.
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306005

    I only have this two 'version' directories:
    v1.1.4322
    v1.0.3705

    and none of them contains the file aspnet_regiis.aspx

    Gandalf, Jul 13, 2007
  4. Gandalf

    Larry Bud Guest

    On Jul 13, 8:57 am, Gandalf <> wrote:
    > On Jul 13, 1:01 pm, Alexey Smirnov <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Jul 13, 12:28 pm, Gandalf <> wrote:

    > > > I download the framework and install the IIS server 5.1, But when I
    > > > copy the code that supposed to print me 'hello world' from my manual
    > > > it didn't work. It showed me the page, but ignored the '.net' script.
    > > > What could be the reason?
    > > > Does my server version support asp.net?

    > > > This is the code I copy:
    > > > <%@Page Language="C#"%>

    > > > <script runat="server">
    > > > void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {
    > > > myLabel.Text = "Hello World!";
    > > > }
    > > > </script>

    > > > <head>
    > > > <title>My first ASP.NET page</title>
    > > > </head>

    > > > <asp:Label runat="server" id="myLabel"></asp:Label>

    > > > thanks

    > > Execute C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework
    > > \v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.aspx -i

    > > That should register the ASP.NET with IIS.

    > >http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306005

    > I only have this two 'version' directories:
    > v1.1.4322
    > v1.0.3705
    >
    > and none of them contains the file aspnet_regiis.aspx- Hide quoted text -

    I recommend you install .Net framework 3.0.

    Larry Bud, Jul 13, 2007
  5. Gandalf

    Gandalf Guest

    On Jul 13, 3:07 pm, Larry Bud <> wrote:
    > On Jul 13, 8:57 am, Gandalf <> wrote:

    > > > Execute C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework
    > > > \v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.aspx -i

    > > > That should register the ASP.NET with IIS.

    > > >http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306005

    > > I only have this two 'version' directories:
    > > v1.1.4322
    > > v1.0.3705

    > > and none of them contains the file aspnet_regiis.aspx- Hide quoted text -

    > I recommend you install .Net framework 3.0.

    Thanks I will try it. it supposed to make it work?

    Gandalf, Jul 13, 2007
  6. re:
    !> I recommend you install .Net framework 3.0.

    I hope you meant *.Net Framework 2.0*, and not 3.0,
    since 3.0 has nothing which an ASP.NET developer needs.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 13, 2007
  7. Gandalf

    Larry Bud Guest

    On Jul 13, 1:44 pm, "Juan T. Llibre" <>
    wrote:
    > re:
    > !> I recommend you install .Net framework 3.0.
    >
    > I hope you meant *.Net Framework 2.0*, and not 3.0,
    > since 3.0 has nothing which an ASP.NET developer needs.
    >
    > Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    > asp.net faq :http://asp.net.do/faq/
    > foros de asp.net, en español :http://asp.net.do/foros/
    >

    > "LarryBud" <> wrote in messagenews:...

    > >> I only have this two 'version' directories:
    > >> v1.1.4322
    > >> v1.0.3705

    > >> and none of them contains the file aspnet_regiis.aspx- Hide quoted text -

    > > I recommend you install .Net framework 3.0.- Hide quoted text -

    Yes, I mean 2.0

    Larry Bud, Jul 30, 2007