    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files.
    All of these options works once, then I have to do it all over again.

    Anybody have a more permanent solution?

    Russ, Aug 5, 2004

  2. Hi

    This error indicates various initialization failures. Reinstall Visual Studio.

    Ravikanth[MVP]

    =?Utf-8?B?UmF2aWthbnRoW01WUF0=?=, Aug 6, 2004

  3. Russ

    Russ Guest

    OK, first I reinstalled the framework 1.1 - It still happened.

    I then "Reinstalled Visual Studios" (without uninstalling it first)-
    It still happened.

    Then I removed/uninstalled Visual Studios and then re-installed it. -
    It is still happening.

    Here is additional information ...

    vbc : Command line error BC2017 : could not find library
    'c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\temporary asp.net
    files\peb.intranet.2.0\c9e073a6\c1381c80\assembly\dl2\2820a9d4\20469c4b_7422c401\interop.combiztalksuspendedqueue.dll'

    From what I can tell it's looking for a directory that's not on my PC.
    When looking at my hard drive I have the following path...

    'c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\temporary asp.net
    files\peb.intranet.2.0\c9e073a6\c1381c80\assembly\dl2\

    after the "d12" directory there is no 2820a9d4 directory. There are
    10 other directories but not the one Visual Studio is looking for.

    If I do a "Re-build Solution", then I can compile in debug again, or
    if I get out of Visual studio, come back in, then it will work. I
    have even deleted the "temporary asp.net" path.

    Any other ideas of what maybe causing this?

    Russ, Aug 10, 2004
  4. Russ

    Mythran Guest

    > > "Russ" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I keep getting this message "The compiler failed with error code 2000"
    > > > when pressing PF5 to run Debug. This is not a compile error, it gets
    > > > past the compile. I get this when it tries to load up my web
    > > > application. Once I get this message, I then rebuild the solution and
    > > > then I can press PF5 and run debug just fine. It started out
    > > > happening just once in a while, now it happens every other time I try
    > > > and run in Debug mode. I have tried several things, "Rebuild
    > > > Solution", Get out of visual Studio and then come back in, and I have
    > > > also tried to delete
    > > > C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files.
    > > > All of these options works once, then I have to do it all over again.
    > > >

    > > > Anybody have a more permanent solution?

    We also know about this problem and a temporary solution (workaround) that works.
    Annoying but faster than closing visual studio. When you compile the solution,
    and then you get this error when you run it...try changing the mode from Debug to
    Release and back to Debug or toggle it to the opposite. From there, try running
    the application again. It should go away.

    We found that it has something to do with Component Services and
    Transactions....<mumbles>

    Mythran

    Mythran, Aug 11, 2004