The complete book list.

Victor Bazarov

www.awprofessional.com/series/indepth/

Go here to get the complete book list that the creator of C++ has
compiled, along with his book "The C++ Programming Language, Third
Edition". Bjarne Stroustrup is the creator of C++.

Thank you. THANK YOU!! If you hadn't told us, we'd still be lost,
wandering in the dark, bumping into each other...

Victor Bazarov

red said:
What????? You mean Bill Gates didn't create it? But I thought Bill
Gates invented everything about computers!

Oh, come on! It was Al Gore! Everybody knows that. Sheesh!

BobR

red floyd said:
What????? You mean Bill Gates didn't create it? But I thought Bill
Gates invented everything about computers!

BIG difference between 'invention' and 'theft' (remember what he paid Xerox
for windows? That's 'theft' in my book. <G>).

Victor Bazarov

BobR said:
BIG difference between 'invention' and 'theft' (remember what he paid
Xerox for windows? That's 'theft' in my book. <G>).

I thought it was charity. Whatever Xerox got out of it, they must
have liked [then], right?

Puppet_Sock

BIG difference between 'invention' and 'theft' (remember what he paid Xerox
for windows? That's 'theft' in my book. <G>).

Theft? By Gates or by Xerox?
Socks

Default User

Victor said:
BobR said:
BIG difference between 'invention' and 'theft' (remember what he
paid Xerox for windows? That's 'theft' in my book. <G>).

I thought it was charity. Whatever Xerox got out of it, they must
have liked [then], right?

As I recall, it was Apple that was accused of stealing PARC's design,
not Microsoft.

Brian

Victor Bazarov

Default said:
Victor said:
BobR said:
(e-mail address removed) wrote:
Bjarne Stroustrup is the creator of C++.

What????? You mean Bill Gates didn't create it? But I thought
Bill Gates invented everything about computers!

BIG difference between 'invention' and 'theft' (remember what he
paid Xerox for windows? That's 'theft' in my book. <G>).

I thought it was charity. Whatever Xerox got out of it, they must
have liked [then], right?

As I recall, it was Apple that was accused of stealing PARC's design,
not Microsoft.

I think the point here is: who cares? Window-based interface was
invented by bureaucrats first. Icons - by Egyptians. Probably. :)

BobR

Puppet_Sock said:
Theft? By Gates or by Xerox?
Socks

Xerox got screwed.

Sort of like:
You run a cabinet business. Someone in your company designed a birdhouse.
You don't really care about the birdhouse, so you sell it to Bill for $2.00.
He slaps a coat of paint on the birdhouse, walks across the street and sells
it for $100,000.00!
Sure, it's all legal. But if you knew the guy across the street was looking
for a birdhouse, would you have sold it to Bill for $2.00?
(the guy across the street was 'Big Blue', more or less. <G>)

BobR said:
Xerox got screwed.

Sort of like:
You run a cabinet business. Someone in your company designed a
birdhouse. You don't really care about the birdhouse, so you sell it
to Bill for $2.00. He slaps a coat of paint on the birdhouse, walks
across the street and sells it for $100,000.00!
Sure, it's all legal. But if you knew the guy across the street was
looking for a birdhouse, would you have sold it to Bill for $2.00?
(the guy across the street was 'Big Blue', more or less. <G>)

Bill didn't steal it from PARC. Apple "stole" it (at least that's what
the Xerox lawsuit claimed).

Brian