The complete book list.

Discussion in 'C++' started by virtualadepts@gmail.com, Mar 30, 2007.

  1. Guest

    www.awprofessional.com/series/indepth/

    Go here to get the complete book list that the creator of C++ has
    compiled, along with his book "The C++ Programming Language, Third
    Edition". Bjarne Stroustrup is the creator of C++.
    , Mar 30, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. wrote:
    > www.awprofessional.com/series/indepth/
    >
    > Go here to get the complete book list that the creator of C++ has
    > compiled, along with his book "The C++ Programming Language, Third
    > Edition". Bjarne Stroustrup is the creator of C++.


    Thank you. THANK YOU!! If you hadn't told us, we'd still be lost,
    wandering in the dark, bumping into each other...
    Victor Bazarov, Mar 31, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. red floyd Guest

    wrote:
    > Bjarne Stroustrup is the creator of C++.
    >


    What????? You mean Bill Gates didn't create it? But I thought Bill
    Gates invented everything about computers!
    red floyd, Mar 31, 2007
    #3
  4. red floyd wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Bjarne Stroustrup is the creator of C++.
    >>

    >
    > What????? You mean Bill Gates didn't create it? But I thought Bill
    > Gates invented everything about computers!


    Oh, come on! It was Al Gore! Everybody knows that. Sheesh!
    Victor Bazarov, Apr 1, 2007
    #4
  5. BobR Guest

    red floyd <> wrote in message
    news:edzPh.20144$...
    > wrote:
    > > Bjarne Stroustrup is the creator of C++.
    > >

    >
    > What????? You mean Bill Gates didn't create it? But I thought Bill
    > Gates invented everything about computers!


    BIG difference between 'invention' and 'theft' (remember what he paid Xerox
    for windows? That's 'theft' in my book. <G>).

    --
    Bob R
    POVrookie
    BobR, Apr 1, 2007
    #5
  6. BobR wrote:
    > red floyd <> wrote in message
    > news:edzPh.20144$...
    >> wrote:
    >>> Bjarne Stroustrup is the creator of C++.
    >>>

    >>
    >> What????? You mean Bill Gates didn't create it? But I thought Bill
    >> Gates invented everything about computers!

    >
    > BIG difference between 'invention' and 'theft' (remember what he paid
    > Xerox for windows? That's 'theft' in my book. <G>).


    I thought it was charity. Whatever Xerox got out of it, they must
    have liked [then], right?
    Victor Bazarov, Apr 2, 2007
    #6
  7. Puppet_Sock Guest

    On Apr 1, 3:07 pm, "BobR" <> wrote:
    > red floyd <> wrote in message
    >
    > news:edzPh.20144$...
    >
    > > wrote:
    > > > Bjarne Stroustrup is the creator of C++.

    >
    > > What????? You mean Bill Gates didn't create it? But I thought Bill
    > > Gates invented everything about computers!

    >
    > BIG difference between 'invention' and 'theft' (remember what he paid Xerox
    > for windows? That's 'theft' in my book. <G>).


    Theft? By Gates or by Xerox?
    Socks
    Puppet_Sock, Apr 2, 2007
    #7
  8. Default User Guest

    Victor Bazarov wrote:

    > BobR wrote:
    > >red floyd <> wrote in message
    > > news:edzPh.20144$...
    > > > wrote:
    > >>> Bjarne Stroustrup is the creator of C++.
    > > > >
    > > >
    > > > What????? You mean Bill Gates didn't create it? But I thought
    > > > Bill Gates invented everything about computers!

    > >
    > > BIG difference between 'invention' and 'theft' (remember what he
    > > paid Xerox for windows? That's 'theft' in my book. <G>).

    >
    > I thought it was charity. Whatever Xerox got out of it, they must
    > have liked [then], right?


    As I recall, it was Apple that was accused of stealing PARC's design,
    not Microsoft.




    Brian
    Default User, Apr 2, 2007
    #8
  9. Default User wrote:
    > Victor Bazarov wrote:
    >
    >> BobR wrote:
    >>> red floyd <> wrote in message
    >>> news:edzPh.20144$...
    >>>> wrote:
    >>>>> Bjarne Stroustrup is the creator of C++.
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> What????? You mean Bill Gates didn't create it? But I thought
    >>>> Bill Gates invented everything about computers!
    >>>
    >>> BIG difference between 'invention' and 'theft' (remember what he
    >>> paid Xerox for windows? That's 'theft' in my book. <G>).

    >>
    >> I thought it was charity. Whatever Xerox got out of it, they must
    >> have liked [then], right?

    >
    > As I recall, it was Apple that was accused of stealing PARC's design,
    > not Microsoft.


    I think the point here is: who cares? Window-based interface was
    invented by bureaucrats first. Icons - by Egyptians. Probably. :)
    Victor Bazarov, Apr 2, 2007
    #9
  10. BobR Guest

    Puppet_Sock <> wrote in message...
    > On Apr 1, 3:07 pm, "BobR" <> wrote:
    > > red floyd <> wrote in message...
    > >
    > > > wrote:
    > > > > Bjarne Stroustrup is the creator of C++.

    > >
    > > > What????? You mean Bill Gates didn't create it? But I thought Bill
    > > > Gates invented everything about computers!

    > >
    > > BIG difference between 'invention' and 'theft' (remember what he paid

    Xerox
    > > for windows? That's 'theft' in my book. <G>).

    >
    > Theft? By Gates or by Xerox?
    > Socks


    Xerox got screwed.

    Sort of like:
    You run a cabinet business. Someone in your company designed a birdhouse.
    You don't really care about the birdhouse, so you sell it to Bill for $2.00.
    He slaps a coat of paint on the birdhouse, walks across the street and sells
    it for $100,000.00!
    Sure, it's all legal. But if you knew the guy across the street was looking
    for a birdhouse, would you have sold it to Bill for $2.00?
    (the guy across the street was 'Big Blue', more or less. <G>)

    --
    Bob R
    POVrookie
    BobR, Apr 3, 2007
    #10
  11. Default User Guest

    BobR wrote:

    >
    > Puppet_Sock <> wrote in message...
    > > On Apr 1, 3:07 pm, "BobR" <> wrote:
    > > > red floyd <> wrote in message...
    > > >
    > > > > wrote:
    > > > > > Bjarne Stroustrup is the creator of C++.
    > > >
    > > > > What????? You mean Bill Gates didn't create it? But I thought
    > > > > Bill Gates invented everything about computers!
    > > >
    > > > BIG difference between 'invention' and 'theft' (remember what he
    > > > paid

    > Xerox
    > > > for windows? That's 'theft' in my book. <G>).

    > >
    > > Theft? By Gates or by Xerox?
    > > Socks

    >
    > Xerox got screwed.
    >
    > Sort of like:
    > You run a cabinet business. Someone in your company designed a
    > birdhouse. You don't really care about the birdhouse, so you sell it
    > to Bill for $2.00. He slaps a coat of paint on the birdhouse, walks
    > across the street and sells it for $100,000.00!
    > Sure, it's all legal. But if you knew the guy across the street was
    > looking for a birdhouse, would you have sold it to Bill for $2.00?
    > (the guy across the street was 'Big Blue', more or less. <G>)


    Bill didn't steal it from PARC. Apple "stole" it (at least that's what
    the Xerox lawsuit claimed).




    Brian
    Default User, Apr 3, 2007
    #11
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Harry Meier
    Replies:
    16
    Views:
    660
    Andrew Koenig
    Sep 8, 2003
  2. Davy
    Replies:
    73
    Views:
    2,417
    Tom Lucas
    Aug 21, 2006
  3. C++ The Complete Book List

    , Mar 30, 2007, in forum: C Programming
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    382
  4. Replies:
    14
    Views:
    735
    Flash Gordon
    Nov 20, 2007
  5. Replies:
    74
    Views:
    1,923
    Anand Hariharan
    Sep 28, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page