The complete list of methods and functions called by a custom control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Nathan Sokalski, Aug 28, 2008.

  1. This may be a bit of an extreme request, but I believe it would help many
    people (including me, which is why I ask) write and debug their custom
    controls. I would like a complete list of all the following in the order
    they are executed:

    Events for a class that inherits System.Web.UI.Control (such as Load,
    PreRender, etc.)
    Methods implemented for interfaces commonly used in custom controls (such as
    IPostBackDataHandler)
    Methods commonly overridden in custom controls (such as CreateChildControls,
    LoadViewState, etc.)

    I realize that some of these events, methods, and functions are not always
    called in the same order, and when it can be determined I would like to know
    under what conditions this occurs. I may sound very demanding here, but
    sometimes it can be hard to teach these things to yourself when everywhere
    you look they leave out some of the ones you are using. If anyone knows of a
    website that gives this information, I would be very appreciative (and I'm
    sure many other developers would as well). Thanks.
    --
    Nathan Sokalski

    http://www.nathansokalski.com/
    Nathan Sokalski, Aug 28, 2008