    Actel modelsim "Libero".

    Thanks in advance.

    , Jun 8, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > I am very new in VHDL programming and implementation. I am
    > synthetising a program with the UNISIM library in Xilinx environment.
    > In the library, I needed the components: FDC, LDC, RDC, ... so on. But
    > I would like now to use ACTEL Modelsim for which I don't know the
    > corresponding library name.

    If you are changing devices from Xilinx to Actel,
    the vendor specific components and magic words won't work.
    Better to write and simulate your own generic vhdl code
    and use vendor tools for synthesis only.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Jun 8, 2006

  3. D Stanford Guest

    > I am very new in VHDL programming and implementation. I am
    > synthetising a program with the UNISIM library in Xilinx environment.
    > In the library, I needed the components: FDC, LDC, RDC, ... so on. But
    > I would like now to use ACTEL Modelsim for which I don't know the
    > corresponding library name.
    >
    > Can anyone please tell me how to get the corresponding library for
    > Actel modelsim "Libero".

    If you are doing a design targeted for an Actel chip, you will want to
    use Actel libraries, such as the apa (actel pro asic) library instead
    of Xilinx libraries intended for use with Xilinx chips. You're Actel
    tools should have these libraries in both precompiled and vhdl formats.

    D Stanford, Jun 8, 2006
  4. Hi,

    schrieb:
    > I am very new in VHDL programming and implementation. I am
    > synthetising a program with the UNISIM library in Xilinx environment.
    > In the library, I needed the components: FDC, LDC, RDC, ... so on. But
    > I would like now to use ACTEL Modelsim for which I don't know the
    > corresponding library name.

    These library elements are primitive gates, which should only occure in
    your netlist, not in your RTL-Code. Take your RTL-Code and synthesise
    it with Synplicity for Actel technology, after layout with designer you
    can get a VHDL-netlist with only Actel primitives. The library name
    depends on your target technology (apa, ax, a54sxa, ...), as Actel has
    no unique library name for all technologies.

    If you have primitves in your RTL-Code, you need to identify their
    functionality and replace them with gates with similiar functionality
    (eg. FDC with DF1).
    If you use Xilinx macros you should use ActGen to create similiar
    macros for Actel.

    > Can anyone please tell me how to get the corresponding library for
    > Actel modelsim "Libero".

    >From the Libero CD.

    bye Thomas

    Thomas Stanka, Jun 9, 2006