The current configuration system does not support user-scoped settings

Steve Kershaw

I have a problem in which I'm trying to access a method in a .DLL from
an ASP.Net web page (written in C#). I keep on getting the error "The
current configuration system does not support user-scoped settings".

I've done some research into this problem and I've found out that the
solution has something to do with the ConfigurationManager.AppSettings
for settings, or Profiles for per-user configutation in ASP.Net 2.0.
However, I don't know where to find the ConfigurationManager! I've
looked in Website/ASP.Net configuration and Tools/Options +
Environment and I can't find it!

I can't seem to find a handle on what to do about this! Can somebody
help me!

Thanks so very much!

Steve

Guest

Just set a reference to the System.Configuration assembly and
ConfigurationManager will magically appear.
Peter

Steve Kershaw

--
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

Thanks so much for your help!

OK,
So I now have the Configuration Manager, what do I do?
I see "Project", "Configuration" (Debug), "Platform" (.NET) and
"Build" columns but no AppSettings seems to be available. Help!!!

Steve Kershaw

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!>> The solution was posted by Peter Bromberg a few days ago :

!> But where is this posting? I searched clear back to the beginning of
!> March for Peter Bromberg's posting on this but I just can't see it.
!> Can you give me a link?

Oops, I meant "a few minutes ago".

I've warned my fingers not to post on their own any more.

<chuckle>

The solution was posted by Peter Bromberg a few days ago :

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspn...

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq :http://asp.net.do/faq/
foros de asp.net, en español :http://asp.net.do/foros/

Thanks for your help.

But where is this posting? I searched clear back to the beginning of
March for Peter Bromberg's posting on this but I just can't see it.
Can you give me a link?

Thanks again.
Steve