the development environment is overzealously formatting my html when switching from design to code v

Jacob Crossley

Please tell me there is a way to prevent this annoyance ; - )

I'm into writing perfectly indented html, but the .net dev environment is
being overzealous and messing up my html formatting.

for example, I originally write:

<asp:label id="lblSuccess" runat="server">
</asp:/label>

then the dev environment switches it to something like:

I'm running the latest version of .net --version 7.1.3088
I've run through the tools/options and placed the envirionment to do the
least amount of microsoftesque-preemptive formatting.

Please HELP!!! If there is no solution I think I'm gonna code .net stuff in
notepad until I can get a linux, bsd or UNIX job...lol jk. I've been an MS
developer for years!

Jacob Crossley

You are wrong. You are just guessing. Its best not to answer questions
unless you have a specific and tested answer. Please excuse my bluntness.

Jacob Crossley

See the problem is that you acted like you know the answer, so now a
microsoft employee monitoring this board will assume that my question was
answered. At the bottom of my initial post I mentioned I had already run
through the tools /options. of VS and put them all on settings that do the
least amount of work.

Nothing against you personally, but please don't give unspecific answers
that don't work. That diminishes the quality of the board for the rest of
us. Also be sure to read the full thread before answering. If you'd have
done that in this case, you'd have known that even your third attempt to
answer was inadequate. Were you such a pain in the a## to your teachers when
you were in school---always wanting cheap credit for rushing to give the
obvious answer that all the other students knew, but not exactly what the
teacher asked for?