The directory name is invalid

jhcorey

In VS2005 I drop a button and a dropdownlist on a web form.
When I try to change the name of these (i.e. from Button1 to btnEdit)
in the Properties panel, I get a message popping up saying "The
directory name is invalid." and it won't let me change the
name.
Any Ideas?

Guest

Actually I had a problem like that once with the Beta program, I closed the
solution, open again and I was able to rename it, what version of the VS2005
are you running and did you try that?

Cheers
Al