the element div cannot be nested within the element 'updatepanel'

MU

Hello

I've created a CSS table structure for my web form and have an
UpdatePanel to do some AJAX work that will span a few of the CSS DIV
Rows of the table that I've created.

However, I get the error
the element div cannot be nested within the element 'updatepanel'

How does one program AJAX UpdatePanels with CSS tables created with
DIV tags?

Here's a small sample of the code
<asp:UpdatePanel ID="updateTravelInformation"
runat="server">
Information</h2></div>
................... more DIV tags here
</asp:UpdatePanel>

I get an Intellisense error on the first DIV tag.

Thoughts?
Thanks
MU

gerry

the only thing an updatepanel can contain is a ContentTemplate

<asp:UpdatePanel ID="updateTravelInformation" runat="server">
<ContentTemplate>
Information</h2></div>
</ContentTemplate>
</asp:UpdatePanel>

gerry

let me rephrase that , your content should be wrapped in a ContentTemplate
( as there are other things that an UpdatePanel can contain )