    --
    best regards,
    p.h.

    p.h., Sep 29, 2006

  2. p.h. wrote:

    > I am trying to read LPT's data port as fast as possible. I know that
    > Digitrace (link to the program below) achieves 750kS/s, but my program

    <snip>

    the C standard recognises neither "LPT" nor "Digitrace" you need to
    post
    to a news group where this is topical. Maybe a Microsoft ng?

    --
    Nick Keighley

    Nick Keighley, Sep 29, 2006

  3. On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:00:30 +0200, Nick Keighley
    <> wrote:

    > the C standard recognises neither "LPT" nor "Digitrace" you need to
    > post to a news group where this is topical. Maybe a Microsoft ng?

    But standard C recognises "_inp()" or "inport()"...
    --
    p.h.

    =?iso-8859-2?B?UHJ6ZW15c7NhdyBIb7N1Ym93c2tp?=, Sep 29, 2006
  4. p.h.

    Joe Wright Guest

    Przemys³aw Ho³ubowski wrote:
    > On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:00:30 +0200, Nick Keighley
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> the C standard recognises neither "LPT" nor "Digitrace" you need to
    >> post to a news group where this is topical. Maybe a Microsoft ng?

    > But standard C recognises "_inp()" or "inport()"...
    > --
    > p.h.

    I haven't come across it. Can you provide Chapter and Verse?

    --
    Joe Wright
    --- Albert Einstein ---

    Joe Wright, Sep 30, 2006
  5. p.h.

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 00:53:04 +0200, Przemys³aw Ho³ubowski
    <> wrote in comp.lang.c:

    > On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:00:30 +0200, Nick Keighley
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > the C standard recognises neither "LPT" nor "Digitrace" you need to
    > > post to a news group where this is topical. Maybe a Microsoft ng?

    > But standard C recognises "_inp()" or "inport()"...

    No, it does not. Neither function is part of the standard C library.
    They are non-standard extensions provided by your compiler. Take this
    a Windows group like news:comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32. It's
    off-topic here.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, Sep 30, 2006
  6. Przemys?aw Ho?ubowski said:

    > On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:00:30 +0200, Nick Keighley
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> the C standard recognises neither "LPT" nor "Digitrace" you need to
    >> post to a news group where this is topical. Maybe a Microsoft ng?

    > But standard C recognises "_inp()" or "inport()"...

    It does? C&V please.

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

    Richard Heathfield, Sep 30, 2006