the fastest reading from LPT port

p.h.

Hi!

I am trying to read LPT's data port as fast as possible. I know that
Digitrace (link to the program below) achieves 750kS/s, but my program
achieves only 280kS/s. My program is written in VB.NET 2005, although I
wrote it in C too. Speed is the same in both cases. Assembler is faster
- it gains 480kS/s. I am wondering how it is possible to read LPT's data
port faster? At least as fast as Digitrace does. Maybe you could help me?

VB.NET and C version of my program use Inpout32.dll, assembler version
GiveIO (allowio). Digitrace uses GiveIO.

Link to Digitrace:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jwasys/old/diy2.html

Nick Keighley

p.h. said:
I am trying to read LPT's data port as fast as possible. I know that
Digitrace (link to the program below) achieves 750kS/s, but my program

<snip>

the C standard recognises neither "LPT" nor "Digitrace" you need to
post
to a news group where this is topical. Maybe a Microsoft ng?

?

=?iso-8859-2?B?UHJ6ZW15c7NhdyBIb7N1Ym93c2tp?=

the C standard recognises neither "LPT" nor "Digitrace" you need to
post to a news group where this is topical. Maybe a Microsoft ng?

But standard C recognises "_inp()" or "inport()"...

Jack Klein

But standard C recognises "_inp()" or "inport()"...

No, it does not. Neither function is part of the standard C library.
They are non-standard extensions provided by your compiler. Take this
a Windows group like It's
off-topic here.