    I have a few things I'll want altering but they can wait for a bit.
    This is the only page I've had this problem with; even my bibliography
    pages which are quite long and detailed are free from it.

    thedarkman, Oct 28, 2011

  2. thedarkman

    123Jim Guest

    On 28/10/2011 23:59, thedarkman wrote:
    > It's taken me all night but I think I've sorted it out. Can someone
    > tell me how many errors there are on the page?
    >
    > As I said, he left quite a few out, and some funny stuff happened, for
    > example, see
    >
    > http://www.evandervaart.nl/news/
    >
    > The Doctor From Beckenham became The Doctor From Backenham.
    >
    > I have a few things I'll want altering but they can wait for a bit.
    > This is the only page I've had this problem with; even my bibliography
    > pages which are quite long and detailed are free from it.

    Good work - no errors in 4.01 strict HTML

    http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.evandervaart.nl/news/

    123Jim, Oct 29, 2011

  3. thedarkman

    idle Guest

    On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 15:59:45 -0700 (PDT), thedarkman wrote in alt.html:

    > It's taken me all night but I think I've sorted it out. Can someone
    > tell me how many errors there are on the page?
    >
    > As I said, he left quite a few out, and some funny stuff happened, for
    > example, see
    >
    > http://www.evandervaart.nl/news/
    >
    > The Doctor From Beckenham became The Doctor From Backenham.
    >
    > I have a few things I'll want altering but they can wait for a bit.
    > This is the only page I've had this problem with; even my bibliography
    > pages which are quite long and detailed are free from it.

    You going to bill him for fixing the fixup?

    --
    idle
    I refuse to let common sense cloud my judgment.

    idle, Oct 29, 2011
  4. 123Jim wrote:

    > On 28/10/2011 23:59, thedarkman wrote:
    >> It's taken me all night but I think I've sorted it out. Can someone
    >> tell me how many errors there are on the page?
    >>
    >> As I said, he left quite a few out, and some funny stuff happened, for
    >> example, see
    >>
    >> http://www.evandervaart.nl/news/
    >>
    >> The Doctor From Beckenham became The Doctor From Backenham.
    >>
    >> I have a few things I'll want altering but they can wait for a bit.
    >> This is the only page I've had this problem with; even my bibliography
    >> pages which are quite long and detailed are free from it.

    > Good work - no errors in 4.01 strict HTML
    >
    > http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http:/%

    2Fwww.evandervaart.nl%2Fnews%2F

    Yes, except that is the page by Edwin van der Vaart - who was nice enough
    to attempt to show the darkman the errors of his ways. Darkman's page is
    here, still with well over a thousand errors:

    <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http:/%
    2Fwww.infotextmanuscripts.org%2Flimericks.html&charset=%28detect
    +automatically%29&doctype=HTML+4.01+Transitional&group=0&verbose=1&user-
    agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.2>

    <http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/limericks.html>

    It's an ugly page, as is the rest of the site. It seems obvious that
    Darkman has some sort of vision problem.

    http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 29, 2011
  5. thedarkman

    dorayme Guest

    In article <j8fdsk$10e$>,
    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:

    > It's an ugly page, ... seems obvious that
    > Darkman has some sort of vision problem.

    An aesthetics by-pass rather than a vision problem... you are
    quite right about all this the centring, it is truly awful.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 29, 2011
  6. thedarkman wrote:
    > It's taken me all night but I think I've sorted it out. Can someone
    > tell me how many errors there are on the page?
    >
    > As I said, he left quite a few out, and some funny stuff happened, for
    > example, see
    >
    > http://www.evandervaart.nl/news/
    >
    > The Doctor From Beckenham became The Doctor From Backenham.
    >
    > I have a few things I'll want altering but they can wait for a bit.
    > This is the only page I've had this problem with; even my bibliography
    > pages which are quite long and detailed are free from it.

    Amazing! There is an expression involving a flashlight and two hands...

    You have a future in politics--even with overwhelming evidence and all
    kinds of coaching you managed to *still* get it wrong!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 29, 2011
  7. dorayme wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >
    >> It's an ugly page, ... seems obvious that Darkman has some sort of
    >> vision problem.

    > An aesthetics by-pass rather than a vision problem... you are quite
    > right about all this the centring, it is truly awful.

    I was figuring he composes all his pages in large bold text because he
    has a low-vision problem, and can't read them unless the text is huge. He
    probably doesn't know how to upsize in his own browser.

    Huge/bold/centered ...
    what else can go wrong go wrong go wrong go wrong go wrong
    oh yeah, 1993-style code! <g>

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 29, 2011
  8. thedarkman

    Doug Miller Guest

    On 10/28/2011 6:59 PM, thedarkman wrote:
    > It's taken me all night but I think I've sorted it out. Can someone
    > tell me how many errors there are on the page?

    Can't you do *anything* for yourself?

    http://validator.w3.org/

    Doug Miller, Oct 29, 2011
  9. thedarkman

    123Jim Guest

    On 29/10/2011 00:29, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > 123Jim wrote:
    >
    >> On 28/10/2011 23:59, thedarkman wrote:
    >>> It's taken me all night but I think I've sorted it out. Can someone
    >>> tell me how many errors there are on the page?
    >>>
    >>> As I said, he left quite a few out, and some funny stuff happened, for
    >>> example, see
    >>>
    >>> http://www.evandervaart.nl/news/
    >>>
    >>> The Doctor From Beckenham became The Doctor From Backenham.
    >>>
    >>> I have a few things I'll want altering but they can wait for a bit.
    >>> This is the only page I've had this problem with; even my bibliography
    >>> pages which are quite long and detailed are free from it.

    >> Good work - no errors in 4.01 strict HTML
    >>
    >> http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http:/%

    > 2Fwww.evandervaart.nl%2Fnews%2F
    >
    > Yes, except that is the page by Edwin van der Vaart - who was nice enough
    > to attempt to show the darkman the errors of his ways. Darkman's page is
    > here, still with well over a thousand errors:

    aha.. doh .. I misunderstood ... I thought thedarkman was linking
    whatever he had spent 'all night' working on.

    123Jim, Oct 29, 2011
  10. On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 15:59:45 -0700, thedarkman wrote:

    > It's taken me all night but I think I've sorted it out. Can someone tell
    > me how many errors there are on the page?

    Simple. Every <a name="....."> that you added has created errors, because
    you didn't terminate it with "</a>".

    In addition, these errors cause further markup errors.

    So has every <b> (and you don't need those any more anyway!)

    Oh, and my earlier post was in error, only the following:

    is valid.

    Rgds

    Denis McMahon

    Denis McMahon, Oct 29, 2011