the final word on my limerick page

thedarkman

It's taken me all night but I think I've sorted it out. Can someone
tell me how many errors there are on the page?

As I said, he left quite a few out, and some funny stuff happened, for
example, see

http://www.evandervaart.nl/news/

The Doctor From Beckenham became The Doctor From Backenham.

I have a few things I'll want altering but they can wait for a bit.
This is the only page I've had this problem with; even my bibliography
pages which are quite long and detailed are free from it.

1

123Jim

It's taken me all night but I think I've sorted it out. Can someone
tell me how many errors there are on the page?

As I said, he left quite a few out, and some funny stuff happened, for
example, see

http://www.evandervaart.nl/news/

The Doctor From Beckenham became The Doctor From Backenham.

I have a few things I'll want altering but they can wait for a bit.
This is the only page I've had this problem with; even my bibliography
pages which are quite long and detailed are free from it.

Good work - no errors in 4.01 strict HTML

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.evandervaart.nl/news/

idle

It's taken me all night but I think I've sorted it out. Can someone
tell me how many errors there are on the page?

As I said, he left quite a few out, and some funny stuff happened, for
example, see

http://www.evandervaart.nl/news/

The Doctor From Beckenham became The Doctor From Backenham.

I have a few things I'll want altering but they can wait for a bit.
This is the only page I've had this problem with; even my bibliography
pages which are quite long and detailed are free from it.

You going to bill him for fixing the fixup?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

123Jim said:
2Fwww.evandervaart.nl%2Fnews%2F

Yes, except that is the page by Edwin van der Vaart - who was nice enough
to attempt to show the darkman the errors of his ways. Darkman's page is
here, still with well over a thousand errors:

<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http:/%
2Fwww.infotextmanuscripts.org%2Flimericks.html&charset=%28detect
+automatically%29&doctype=HTML+4.01+Transitional&group=0&verbose=1&user-
agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.2>

<http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/limericks.html>

It's an ugly page, as is the rest of the site. It seems obvious that
Darkman has some sort of vision problem.

http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/

dorayme

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
It's an ugly page, ... seems obvious that
Darkman has some sort of vision problem.

An aesthetics by-pass rather than a vision problem... you are
quite right about all this the centring, it is truly awful.

Jonathan N. Little

thedarkman said:
It's taken me all night but I think I've sorted it out. Can someone
tell me how many errors there are on the page?

As I said, he left quite a few out, and some funny stuff happened, for
example, see

http://www.evandervaart.nl/news/

The Doctor From Beckenham became The Doctor From Backenham.

I have a few things I'll want altering but they can wait for a bit.
This is the only page I've had this problem with; even my bibliography
pages which are quite long and detailed are free from it.

Amazing! There is an expression involving a flashlight and two hands...

You have a future in politics--even with overwhelming evidence and all
kinds of coaching you managed to *still* get it wrong!

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

dorayme said:
An aesthetics by-pass rather than a vision problem... you are quite
right about all this the centring, it is truly awful.

I was figuring he composes all his pages in large bold text because he
has a low-vision problem, and can't read them unless the text is huge. He
probably doesn't know how to upsize in his own browser.

Huge/bold/centered ...
what else can go wrong go wrong go wrong go wrong go wrong
oh yeah, 1993-style code! <g>

1

123Jim

2Fwww.evandervaart.nl%2Fnews%2F

Yes, except that is the page by Edwin van der Vaart - who was nice enough
to attempt to show the darkman the errors of his ways. Darkman's page is
here, still with well over a thousand errors:

aha.. doh .. I misunderstood ... I thought thedarkman was linking
whatever he had spent 'all night' working on.

Denis McMahon

It's taken me all night but I think I've sorted it out. Can someone tell
me how many errors there are on the page?

Simple. Every <a name="....."> that you added has created errors, because
you didn't terminate it with "</a>".

In addition, these errors cause further markup errors.

So has every <b> (and you don't need those any more anyway!)

Oh, and my earlier post was in error, only the following:

is valid.

Rgds

Denis McMahon