the final word on my limerick page

Discussion in 'HTML' started by thedarkman, Oct 29, 2011.

  1. thedarkman

    thedarkman Guest

    Just checked my limerick page; apparently it now has 1111 errors and 2
    warnings. What is a warning?

    I don't see how I could have made that many errors in replacing the
    limericks that had been removed so to me this is all hokum. All of it.

    My current bibliography page has 2826 errors and 8 warnings, see

    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=h...roup=0&verbose=1&user-agent=W3C_Validator/1.2

    but it views perfectly well in IE, Firefox and Chrome, which is all I
    care about.

    Thanks for the help, I'll pass on the smoke and mirrors.

    By the way, that guy who wrote me a limerick - if you can learn HTML,
    you can learn how to scan. Here is another limerick about another
    Dutchman:

    http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/limericks.html#vincenttabak

    thedarkman, Oct 29, 2011

  2. thedarkman

    idle Guest

    On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 05:42:48 -0700 (PDT), thedarkman wrote in alt.html:

    > By the way, that guy who wrote me a limerick - if you can learn HTML,
    > you can learn how to scan.

    WTF is HTML?
    I only come here for the chicks.

    --
    idle
    I have yet to decided whether to use my power for good...or for evil.

    idle, Oct 29, 2011

  3. thedarkman

    Doug Miller Guest

    On 10/29/2011 8:42 AM, thedarkman wrote:
    [...]
    > My current bibliography page has 2826 errors and 8 warnings, [...]
    > but it views perfectly well in IE, Firefox and Chrome, which is all I
    > care about.

    In other words, you have willfully and deliberately chosen to remain
    ignorant.

    That's your option, of course -- but in that case, you should not expect
    others to go out of their way to help you with problems that you have
    refused to learn to avoid.

    Doug Miller, Oct 29, 2011
  4. thedarkman wrote:

    "the final word on my limerick page"

    Why do I doubt this?

    > Just checked my limerick page; apparently it now has 1111 errors and 2
    > warnings. What is a warning?

    Really? Is English your native tongue? An *error* is something that is
    absolutely wrong and an a *warning* is something that is not preferred.

    > I don't see how I could have made that many errors in replacing the
    > limericks that had been removed so to me this is all hokum. All of it.

    Because you refuse to follow the advice given you. Do you read any of
    these posts?

    > My current bibliography page has 2826 errors and 8 warnings, see
    >
    > http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=h...roup=0&verbose=1&user-agent=W3C_Validator/1.2
    >
    > but it views perfectly well in IE, Firefox and Chrome, which is all I
    > care about.
    >
    > Thanks for the help, I'll pass on the smoke and mirrors.
    >
    > By the way, that guy who wrote me a limerick - if you can learn HTML,
    > you can learn how to scan. Here is another limerick about another
    > Dutchman:
    >
    > http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/limericks.html#vincenttabak

    This is your markup which is *incorrect*:

    <a name="vincenttabak">
    <h2>Vincent Tabak</h2>

    href="http://digitaljournal.com/article/313503">Vince</a>

    To fix it remove the entire "A" line and add to the H2 element like below:

    <h2 id="vincenttabak">Vincent Tabak</h2>

    href="http://digitaljournal.com/article/313503">Vince</a>

    Save the file and recheck with the validator and you will have 2825
    errors on the page, 1 less.

    Remove ALL the "A" lines and add to the ID attributes to the H2
    elements and it will FIX your page.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 29, 2011
  5. thedarkman wrote:

    > ..this is all hokum. All of it.

    No. Total disregard for the *rules* is hokum.

    It is so very obvious that you have absolutely no intent on following any
    and all suggestions given you -- so why do you continue to post? Just
    take your ugly invalid pages and keep them as is, so you and Uncle Bud
    can have fun reading them. No one else will.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 29, 2011
  6. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > thedarkman wrote:
    >
    >> ..this is all hokum. All of it.

    > No. Total disregard for the *rules* is hokum.

    Amazing the variety in dysfunction, Luigi, Mason, and this guy, eh? Such
    similarities and yet so different!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 29, 2011
  7. Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> thedarkman wrote:
    >>
    >>> ..this is all hokum. All of it.

    >> No. Total disregard for the *rules* is hokum.

    > Amazing the variety in dysfunction, Luigi, Mason, and this guy, eh? Such
    > similarities and yet so different!

    You make a good point, Jonathan. And at least Luigi and Mason weren't
    Google Groups users, whereas Darkman Baron makes every reply a new thread.

    Did you look at the "bibliography" page he noted today? A jumble. Oh, he
    left a picture of himself. Sort of like a dark Luigi...

    http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/baron-computer-programs.html

    Wait! It *is* Luigi!

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 29, 2011
  8. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Did you look at the "bibliography" page he noted today? A jumble. Oh, he
    > left a picture of himself. Sort of like a dark Luigi...
    >
    > http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/baron-computer-programs.html
    >
    > Wait! It *is* Luigi!

    One-man-business?

    Anyway

    "...is a tutorial for DOS 3.3; does anyone remember DOS? By the time I'd
    finished debugging it, DOS was in version 5. ..."

    Run, don't walk

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 29, 2011
  9. thedarkman

    dorayme Guest

    In article <j8h96m$lbe$>,
    "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > > thedarkman wrote:
    > >
    > >> ..this is all hokum. All of it.

    > > No. Total disregard for the *rules* is hokum.

    > Amazing the variety in dysfunction, Luigi, Mason, and this guy, eh? Such
    > similarities and yet so different!

    Yet so very different. It may in fact be a sin to put Luigi in a
    category with anyone else on earth, so blessed is his
    one-man-business soul. It is early Sunday here and I will consult
    a few religious leaders about it.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 29, 2011
  10. dorayme wrote:

    > Yet so very different. It may in fact be a sin to put Luigi in a
    > category with anyone else on earth, so blessed is his
    > one-man-business soul. It is early Sunday here and I will consult
    > a few religious leaders about it.

    May be helpful since he could try the patience of Job...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 29, 2011
  11. thedarkman

    Doug Miller Guest

    On 10/29/2011 2:18 PM, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    >>> No. Total disregard for the *rules* is hokum.

    >> Amazing the variety in dysfunction, Luigi, Mason, and this guy, eh? Such
    >> similarities and yet so different!

    > You make a good point, Jonathan. And at least Luigi and Mason weren't
    > Google Groups users, whereas Darkman Baron makes every reply a new thread.
    >
    > Did you look at the "bibliography" page he noted today? A jumble. Oh, he
    > left a picture of himself. Sort of like a dark Luigi...
    >
    > http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/baron-computer-programs.html

    Amazing. Only 53 errors on that page...

    Doug Miller, Oct 29, 2011