The Forthcoder Diaries -- 2011 June 9

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Mentifex, Jun 9, 2011.

  1. Mentifex

    Mentifex Guest

    Am 9. Juni 2011, Donnerstag Morgen in der Eigerwand.
    I am not going to sit here and try to write the great
    American Usenet post. I just want to record my
    thoughts and feelings.

    Yesterday I spent hours and hours coding the
    http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/AiMind.html
    JavaScript artificial intelligence (JSAI).
    The AI was failing to provide the correct
    answer to a simple query of "Kids (make)
    [what]?" Instead of activating the engram of
    "KIDS MAKE ROBOTS", the AI was
    activating (and then inhibiting) the engram
    of the query itself. I had to test and track
    the causation-chain through one mind-
    module after another. EnReify was not
    properly putting the eligible activation
    values up, so I had to completely
    rewrite the EnReify module.

    Then the AI started choosing the correct
    verb-engram, but not the correct direct object.
    In SpreadAct I discovered that the "spike"
    for the direct object had a useless value of
    zero. So I had to follow the chain back
    into the VerbAct module and see what was
    going wrong there. It was really strange
    that the activation-value in the VerbAct
    module was at minus thirty-two, so the
    "spike" for the direct object was coming
    out at zero activation.

    It turned out that in the VerbPhrase module
    I was doing the minus-thirty-two inhibition of
    the verb engram too soon -- before the call
    to VerbAct, so that a negative activation
    was being passed into VerbAct. I solved
    the problem by moving the VerbPhrase
    inhibition code down below the call to
    VerbAct, where the negative inhibition
    values could no longer interfere with the
    "spike" going from VerbAct to SpreadAct.

    Debugging the JSAI took me hour after hour
    of coding. At one point, I had to create
    8jun11T.F as a "Test" version of MindForth,
    so that I could fix the JavaScript AI in
    comparison with the Forth AI.

    Mentifex (Arthur)
    --
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.forth/msg/128e73f35cfcb7d1

    Mentifex, Jun 9, 2011

  2. Mentifex

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Mentifex <> writes:
    > At one point, I had to create 8jun11T.F as a "Test" version of
    > MindForth, so that I could fix the JavaScript AI in comparison with
    > the Forth AI.

    You could use both:

    http://forthfreak.net/jsforth80x25.html

    Paul Rubin, Jun 9, 2011

  3. Mentifex

    Brian Martin Guest

    Then again you could use a high level language like Perl, Python, APL ...

    Brian Martin, Jun 10, 2011
  4. Mentifex

    Mentifex Guest

    On Jun 10, 5:15 am, Brian Martin
    <> wrote:
    > Then again you could use a high level language like Perl, Python, APL ...
    >
    > On 10/06/2011 8:17 AM, Paul Rubin wrote:
    >
    > > Mentifex<>  writes:
    > >> At one point, I had to create 8jun11T.F as a "Test" version of
    > >> MindForth, so that I could fix the JavaScript AI in comparison with
    > >> the Forth AI.

    > > You could use both:

    > >    http://forthfreak.net/jsforth80x25.html

    Perl programmers have the opportunity to port

    http://www.scn.org/~mentifex/AiMind.html

    to run on Web servers as a resident AI Mind.

    Mentifex (Arthur)
    --
    http://mind.sourceforge.net/perl.html
    http://cyborg.blogspot.com/2011/01/aiapp.html